MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Jul 23, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #211 of 512
hey guys I ordered my phones from alessandro on Saturday. They haven't replied to my email I sent them on Saturday or of course charged my card yet.

Any thoughts?

How long should I expect this to take?

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #212 of 512
I waited a month and emailed (3x) and called, when they finally responded to my email, they were pretty rude. Pretty much said... "we'll ship em when we ship em" There was no explanation or apology. From this site I learned that they are in the hands of Grado, but they made no effort to explain this.

Others here have had better luck- so its anyone's guess. Call them, you'll probably get the machine like me but maybe not.

I hope you will have better luck.

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #213 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys I ordered my phones from alessandro on Saturday. They haven't replied to my email I sent them on Saturday or of course charged my card yet.

Any thoughts?

How long should I expect this to take?

Um...try this....

Mark your dart board with numbers six through twenty or thirty, throw a dart, and figure +/- 2.

...hey! Could be!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, when I ordered both my MS-1 and MS2i it took about a week to receive each. In "normal" times that would be about right.

...define "normal" these days.
frown.gif

Yeah; it kinda depends on when Grado makes a shipment or how busy Alessandro is with other responsibilities at the moment.

But generally speaking; about a week is average within the US.

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #214 of 512
And despite my experience with their customer service, I do love them. Beautiful headphones which sound great. It is def. my sound. Of course now I want to recable them... its always something.

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #215 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...mine develop a tendency of collecting dust. I'll wait what happens when I've put the liberator spacers on them...

On the occasion that I have been asked via PM, I have to announce that MS2 + Liberators is a quite lovely & smooth combination. The "dust danger" seems to be banned, meanwhile the DT880 and the MS2 work harmoneous together on a stable 50/50 basis. Best of both worlds.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #216 of 512
Came home and a package was waiting for me on my bed.
eggosmile.gif

Prob the most excited I have ever been when my mom called me saying I had a package. I left work early I was that pumped.

Listening now and I have to say I'm in very deep passionate love with these phones after only listening for 30min.

Coming from the SR-60's these phones already sound exactly how I wanted them too. Can't wait for them to burn in.

So yes VERY HAPPY, worth the money, bad costumer service, and wait.

I have been wanting these phones since I joined headfi and finally got the money together.

Now, I have to get back to listening.

k1000smile.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #217 of 512
Congrats on finally getting them and glad to hear you're enjoying them!

....I am too....got on Beatles "1" at the moment!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #218 of 512
I ordered SR-325i... And now i'm reading this thread and i'm kind of sorry i didnt ordered MS2i
frown.gif
Could there be noticeble difference between them in classical?

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #219 of 512
i think MS2i is more suitable to classical, they got better soundstage than "in your face" presentation of 325i

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #220 of 512
Dang it, just have my MS-1's for about 2 weeks and already want more Alessandro goodness
biggrin.gif
(I just love my cans, wonder how much better the MS-2's must be).

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #221 of 512
Facade19 i must warn you that if you want to step up to MS2i / 325i , you really need an amp to make them shine....So the costs scale up pretty well...

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #222 of 512
First get used to the MS1 and their notable abilities. To buy MS2 two weeks after receiving MS1 has only to do with senseless piggishness IMO. If that happens very often to you, something in your life goes propably wrong.

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #223 of 512
wow nickchen, isn't that a bit harsh perhaps? I got A900, didn't like the sound (still thinking of selling it), came across a store carrying grados a couple of weeks later, got the SR-60 to try it out, like the sound, got bitten by the bug and ordered the MS2i (after some serious research) about two weeks after purchasing the SR-60 (I had to wait another two weeks for it to arrive).

I haven't upgraded any further: still on my first real source (Marantz CD5001), still on my first real amp (HeadFive) and first pair of IC's (cheap profigold stuff) and it has been more than 6 months... That is hardly an indicator of stress induced shop-a-holicism I think
tongue.gif

It has something to do with quality levels I guess: the SR-60/MS1 to me are step-in models to try the sound while the MS2i (for me at least) is a possible final headphone (if you are the bang-for-buck type, which I am). I have not felt the urge to get me some RS1/MSPro or GS1000s... yet.

Now I will slowly start to upgrade my amp and IC's... not because I feel the need to shop or they are ineffective, but because I think DIY would be a great hobby
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #224 of 512
I'm another one who was bitten by the Upgaditus(Upgradotus Bug?)right away too.

...they pack them with MS-1 in the Pizza Boxes ya know. But yeah; it also took me a few months of study to determine if MS2i were the right one to get next. And it was. And it will probably be my final set of cans from the lighter side. The wider MS-Pro headband went a long way to keep me from looking higher!*whew*Otherwise....

I too am concentrating on upgrading the rest of my system to try to equal my MS2i and HD600, not necessarily trying to surpass them, but to get the best from these very, very-near-the-ideal sets of phones.

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #225 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow nickchen, isn't that a bit harsh perhaps?

Yes, maybe you're right. Definetely the wrong place here to be critical on "extended" consumership & questions of having versus being.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back