post-1399796
Post #1 of 23

NightStalker

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hey guys how are we all?
Just wondering what to do with my life (I mean headphones
) upgrade.
Just sold my HA-2/Sony CD-3000 rig as I didnt find myself listenning to it enough. The sound coming out of it I must say was of amazing quality but half the time when listenning to it I wouldnt be concentrating to the extent of being able to appreciate it. What im after is a set of cans I can hold onto for a while and not want to pass off after the novelty wares off. I've had a quick listen to the MS-2 at Snufkins store on a few occasions but didnt find myself listenning to the quality/longevity of listenning the would provide as I couldnt stop tappin my feet and mouthing the lyrics. This that is obviously a good quality to have, but will it mean I would enjoy the phones for say a month and then be over the whole energetic listenning.

My preference with sound is pretty much anything without heavy bass as this doesnt really suite my musical tasta. So I ask you this: Will the allesandros just be a novelty and should I look elsewhere?

EDIT: Forgot to mention why I asked this question with particular reference to these phones. When I was last a frequent visitor to head-fi the MS-2's were in the middle of frenzied hype with almost all headfiers going out and gettin a pair (exageration I know
) and now that I'm back almost nobody has/talks about them. Was this simply due to the FOTM status of the headphones or do they just have a short shelf life?

Cheers for reading
Jake

post-1399878
Post #2 of 23

skyskraper

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
i am not comfortable giving advice on headphones in this forum coz it seems that peoples perspectives on headphones is very different to mine. but that said you should come to the perth meet and shoot out to find the cans you like

post-1399897
Post #3 of 23

NightStalker

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan to me. I have listenned to and loved the sound of the MS-2's first time around but I'm not sure how long my love for such a lively sound could last.. if that makes any sence.

Took me a second then to workout where you were from then with that very Aussie location of yours

Hope to see you there mate
Jake

post-1399908
Post #4 of 23

skyskraper

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
excellent, add what you can bring to the list

post-1400474
Post #5 of 23

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Ive had my MS2 for a week so Im still on the honeymoon... time will tell how long they continue to captivate me.

One tihng that I find promising is that they sound INCREDIBLE with all kinds of music. IMHO much more versatile than my DT770, V6, or e2c. So, in that sense the MS2 can adapt and morph as my music tastes change.

Im listening to some tuck & patti and Adrian legg, and on the DT770 the lower mid recession is annoying. With the MS2 they are full and rich across the spectrum.

Add to that the dozens of pad mods and you have a very flexible can that can adapt.

post-1401000
Post #6 of 23

Enverxis

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I owned the MS-2 for 5 months, I would say beware for it mightn't last for that whole period

I agree the MS-2 are fairly forgiving and have excellent versatility. I really liked them for everything from rock to classical music, on my Mozart's Musical Masterworks CD i could pick up the performers shuffling in their seats, but the lack of headstage can be a downside ... but i didnt care

in the system in which I had them I got rid of them due to headaches from the dry sound and to me there was some unwanted resonance in the upper mids (bright mids). I did find the highs grating as-well but only after I compared them to the MS-Pro.

dont have that problem now that ive gone tube

post-1401027
Post #7 of 23

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
I owned the MS-2 for 5 months, I would say beware for it mightn't last for that whole period

I agree the MS-2 are fairly forgiving and have excellent versatility. I really liked them for everything from rock to classical music, on my Mozart's Musical Masterworks CD i could pick up the performers shuffling in their seats, but the lack of headstage can be a downside ... but i didnt care

in the system in which I had them I got rid of them due to headaches from the dry sound and to me there was some unwanted resonance in the upper mids (bright mids). I did find the highs grating as-well but only after I compared them to the MS-Pro.

dont have that problem now that ive gone tube

stop that!!! youre spoiling my honeymoon!!!!

post-1401053
Post #8 of 23

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Mate, if Grados can't make you toe-tapping, I don't know what will.

If initially you can trully enjoy the music with the MS2, I don't see any reason why you won't enjoy in anymore on later stage. It's not like the headphone quality will decrease or something..

I think you're just afraid you might get bored with the headphones. When you listen to headphones, just enjoy the music, and don't worry so much about anything else.

post-1401257
Post #9 of 23

NightStalker

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
Mate, if Grados can't make you toe-tapping, I don't know what will.

If initially you can trully enjoy the music with the MS2, I don't see any reason why you won't enjoy in anymore on later stage. It's not like the headphone quality will decrease or something..

I think you're just afraid you might get bored with the headphones. When you listen to headphones, just enjoy the music, and don't worry so much about anything else.

Yeah I think I described it wrong.. what you saying pretty much fits the bill. I'm now leaning towards a nice IEM and MS2 combo (once my wallet gives me the heads up) as I think the two would match quite nicely and cover all bases.

Thanks for the opinions guys

Jake

post-1401277
Post #10 of 23

crazyfrenchman27

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
For the past month, they've sounded Gosh Darn amazing to me!

I say try them out.

Just because you find the girl attractive doesn't mean you shouldn't ask her out on a date.

Heck, it's all the more reason why you should!

-Matt

post-1401416
Post #11 of 23

cappellano

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
rock and rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Hi all!!!! I've to buya new pair of headphones! I must choose between the sr-225 and the ms2-i, the price doesn't matter!!! I simply want the best headphones for rock, metal and progressive!!! Which of the two is truly the best?! I want to do the definitive buy!

Mu cd-player is a marantz cd -60 "0" oversampling.

let me know what do you think about!

post-1401420
Post #12 of 23

crazyfrenchman27

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappellano

Hi all!!!! I've to buya new pair of headphones! I must choose between the sr-225 and the ms2-i, the price doesn't matter!!! I simply want the best headphones for rock, metal and progressive!!! Which of the two is truly the best?! I want to do the definitive buy!

Since you missed out on my pair of SR225, I say MS-2i!

post-1401428
Post #13 of 23

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappellano

DUDEEEEEEEE !
lol

I'd say MS2 + decent entry level home amp is good enough already.

post-1401432
Post #14 of 23

Flea Bag

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
NightStalker,

Perhaps its a bit stupid of me to suggest this but could it be that with your previous phones, you simply were amazed with the initial sound of them but once you settled in, it wasn't that the phones couldn't capture your imagination but that you were getting bored of your music selection?

Perhaps you will enjoy how refreshing the MS2 sounds initially but will once again get used to it and get bored of the music you've been playing.

Or perhaps you're one of those headfiers who can't be faithful! I listen to my Senn 600 most of the time but sometimes, I want a change of pace and I put on a pair of MS1 or K271.

I'm not trying to suggest that you spend more money but there you go!

post-1401462
Post #15 of 23

rhythmdevils

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flea Bag
NightStalker,

Perhaps you will enjoy how refreshing the MS2 sounds initially but will once again get used to it and get bored of the music you've been playing.

if this is the case, I would say get some new music, not new headphones.

Sorry, that statement was a bit sacreligious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)