**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Oct 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #1,846 of 3,203
  Having owned these for a day now, I can honestly say that they are my favorite headphones to date.  They are magical, in that they just sort of disappear and take second stage to the music.  These are awesome.

Woah, another Washingtonian in this thread! Hello from Seattle!

If you ever want to compare the Mad Dogs and Alphas just hit me up :)

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #1,847 of 3,203

What's up!? Always good to meet a local! Ha that sounds awesome!  I am going to try to make it to the next meet if possible; if I ever get a chance to head North before that I will definitely be in touch.  You like the Alphas?

Oct 8, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #1,848 of 3,203

What's up!? Always good to meet a local! Ha that sounds awesome!  I am going to try to make it to the next meet if possible; if I ever get a chance to head North before that I will definitely be in touch.  You like the Alphas?

Gah, sorry about that. Thought this was the Alpha Dog thread... I guess that tells me that it's time for bed. I'll be getting the Alpha Dogs as part of a tour across the country in a few weeks. If you want to listen to them for a little while then, you're more than welcome. Other than that, hopefully I can upgrade my MDs in the near future to the Alphas, if I'm impressed by them.

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #1,850 of 3,203
  By the way Mr Speakers thought i'd let you know there is a spelling error on this page [link] you'll probably notice it since it's in big red letters lol

I see nothing wrong with it. What are you seeing?

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #1,854 of 3,203
Just got my MDs, granted they're the older version.

Initial impressions are that they're very smooth/polite. Of course, you all know what the sound signature is like and how fantastic the mids are so no need to go over that.

My only complaint is perhaps that they're not suited to my taste in music. I listen to a bit of alternative, some hip-hop as well as some heavier rock and find the vocals to be fantastic as expected but electric guitars in particular to be lacking some oomph. Of course, I am coming from a brighter can so perhaps my issue is with the dark nature of the MDs.

Anyhow, they're a great set of headphones and their smooth nature is very easy to listen to for extended periods without any fatigue.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #1,855 of 3,203
If they're not the 3.2 version, upgrading to them might give them more of what you're looking for.

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #1,857 of 3,203
As a bit of an update, I've spent a bit more time with the MDs and I'm really starting to warm up the them. I'm finding them to be very smooth and unoffensive which makes listening quite easy. They remind me a bit of the HD650s, though more in principal than in sound.

Anyhow, shout outs to Dan for building a sweet pair of cans at a great price point!

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,858 of 3,203
I wouldn't say that the tuning and new pads makes the MD brighter. The tuning does add warmth and maintains balance. Very worthwhile IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back