**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,696 of 3,203
Basically the answer is that the cable you want doesn't exist outside of custom cables. And even then is narrowed down to DIYers that will do it at basically cost out of the kindness of their heart to meet your price point.

I actually wish someone could find what you're looking for because I would have tried it already to compare with the cables I've made for it.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #1,701 of 3,203
He actually has the new look embossed/painted on. Not sure exactly what process it was but if you place a sticker over it, the raised text may press through. However, I do not know if he has non painted ones or the stickers.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #1,702 of 3,203
Not 100% sure
Dan will remove my BTG cable,install his,then I have to contact Brian and see,what he wants to do with my old copper cable--if anything?..I,d hate to loose it.
I,m assuming the AD,s will have to be retuned,if I change the cable???

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #1,703 of 3,203
Wow! Just WOW! 

Got my MDs 3.2 from across the sea to Sweden today. 7 days with an total at 399 dollars (100 dollars import tax) 

The Alpha pads are worth the wait and price themselves, i will have to wait and see how the sound comes along with burning in but im already digging it pretty hard.

Could not be more happy!

Thank you Dan! 

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #1,704 of 3,203

haha...those look like torture devices. I'll pass. But I will keep my vintage receiver that will spank your high dollar hp amp for a fraction of the money. 
size]

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #1,705 of 3,203
  Wow! Just WOW! 

Got my MDs 3.2 from across the sea to Sweden today. 7 days with an total at 399 dollars (100 dollars import tax) 

The Alpha pads are worth the wait and price themselves, i will have to wait and see how the sound comes along with burning in but im already digging it pretty hard.

Could not be more happy!

Thank you Dan! 

They are pretty damn amazing! Spent countless hours just listening to music I was previously bored of, only one track so far has sounded quite weird on them.

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #1,706 of 3,203
They are pretty damn amazing! Spent countless hours just listening to music I was previously bored of, only one track so far has sounded quite weird on them.

I'm curious as to what that was...

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #1,707 of 3,203

This track:
http://open.spotify.com/track/0ehoKu1X3cwKz9LdAaBWxH

Not sure what word to use (Recessed?) as English is not my first language and even then I don't know that many terms when it comes to sound, but it feels almost the same as when my DSP desktop speaker system clips from too loud source-sound. Maybe it just sounds weird to me, not sure really, just found that one track to be a bit off. But when I'm sitting here listening to OST-music, able to hear almost every little detail in the most chaotic tracks I know, I don't care one bit about that track sounding weird. :p

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #1,708 of 3,203

This track:
http://open.spotify.com/track/0ehoKu1X3cwKz9LdAaBWxH

Not sure what word to use (Recessed?) as English is not my first language and even then I don't know that many terms when it comes to sound, but it feels almost the same as when my DSP desktop speaker system clips from too loud source-sound. Maybe it just sounds weird to me, not sure really, just found that one track to be a bit off. But when I'm sitting here listening to OST-music, able to hear almost every little detail in the most chaotic tracks I know, I don't care one bit about that track sounding weird. :p

The link doesn't work for me (not only am I not a Spotify member, but they have different restrictions for different countries).

I was just looking for Artist/Title.

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1,710 of 3,203

Although ,not a coiled cable,Brian could make you a cable that would work just fine ,at your desk-e-mail him first.

http://btg-audio.webs.com/webstore.htm

Another one ,you might consider is:

Ted Allen..

tedallen0220@gmail.com

Ted,just made me a silver cable ,for my HD800's--outstanding SQ & CS.

Basically the answer is that the cable you want doesn't exist outside of custom cables. And even then is narrowed down to DIYers that will do it at basically cost out of the kindness of their heart to meet your price point.

I actually wish someone could find what you're looking for because I would have tried it already to compare with the cables I've made for it.

All right. I concede. Looks like no one makes any decent coiled cable for what I want, except V-MODA but I don't want to plug in an adapter. So what's a good <100$ cable I can get? All these custom cable websites never have any way to order a single end to end audio cable... Like 1/4" on one side and 1/8" on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back