**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Aug 9, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #1,216 of 3,203
I come back from dinner and a movie and all this happened?

Crazy awesome. I think Dan's just put himself light years ahead of the game. Released a reference grade closed planar headphone before Audez'e.

Dan you deserve all the success coming your way now. You work damn hard. I can feel your passion from here. Just amazing.

Edit: BTW Dan is the $599 price a special pre-order price or will it be $599 upon release as well? Also, are you planning any other colors?

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #1,217 of 3,203
no wonder Mr Speaker wasnt doing double entry on the 3.2balanced can,
cos he has got a whammmer up his sleeve. 
This ALPHADOG has double entry...
biggrin.gif

What is 3D painting..??  are these hardy paintworks? 
will u be hiring Urushi artists, for some custom paintings in 3D clear lacquer... ??
The days of the Fostexss are NUMBERED.
beerchug.gif

ANy pre-launch sale promo price? 
popcorn.gif

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #1,218 of 3,203
^ It's 3D printing not painting. LOL.

I'm kind of surprised so many people are unaware of it. 3D printing has been all over the news, like dozens of times in the last year.

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #1,219 of 3,203
Love the fact i can just upgrade my Balanced Dogs, really great previous customer care which is getting rarer and rarer nowadays. I will be sending mine in as soon as it's possible, shipping will back and forth from the UK will be the killer though.

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #1,221 of 3,203
so guys the new headphone worth 600$? MD is for 300$ and on par with many good headphones, i hope the Alpha can do the same and be on a par with flagships of many companies. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #1,223 of 3,203
Quote:
A $600 headphone made with a driver from a $75 headphone is kinda surprising. Is the driver super underpriced? You usually get what you pay for.

beside that MD 3.2 reached a level were it says this version will last for while, suddenly Alpha appears as flagship? we have to wait for the reviews before jumping the gun, i will be glad to send my MD back and pay 300$ for the Alpha :3 , the video say so but i didn't see the option on the site yet.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #1,224 of 3,203
beside that MD 3.2 reached a level were it says this version will last for while, suddenly Alpha appears as flagship? we have to wait for the reviews before jumping the gun, i will be glad to send my MD back and pay 300$ for the Alpha :3 , the video say so but i didn't see the option on the site yet.

They won't be doing upgrade to Alpha until release. The Alpha Dog is currently a pre-order.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #1,225 of 3,203
Love the fact i can just upgrade my Balanced Dogs, really great previous customer care which is getting rarer and rarer nowadays. I will be sending mine in as soon as it's possible, shipping will back and forth from the UK will be the killer though.

Mark it as warranty repair and as for it to be marked likewise for return to you.

TH900 on my to buy list but look forward to 3.2 vs alpha dog. Wonder if need dogs will get any further revisions in future as last update said none were planned

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #1,227 of 3,203
Quote:
I knew when I woke up to 47 posts on this thread something had happened while I was sleeping: Mr. Speakers fed the Mad Dog after midnight. 

me too , i thought that DAN got married or something, then BAM 50 post up from 1-5 per day.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,228 of 3,203
Ok Ok... so... I cannot watch the video since it is block by our proxy...

So, what's happened?
A new iteration of the Mad Dogs?
A completely new headphone?
Using the same driver? New driver?
What did Jude say?
Can someone transcribe? LOL!

Thanks.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,229 of 3,203
Quote:
Ok Ok... so... I cannot watch the video since it is block by our proxy...

So, what's happened?
A new iteration of the Mad Dogs?
A completely new headphone?
Using the same driver? New driver?
What did Jude say?
Can someone transcribe? LOL!

Thanks.

Same driver. 3D Printed cup. Jude gushed. Reference can. Did I mention Jude gushing? He was super impressed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back