**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Apr 15, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #3,196 of 3,203
Although this tread is almost dead, just want to say that am still rocking with the Mad Dog 3.2 on balanced in 2020 ! Many tempting headphones these days. Have HD650/DT770 as well but the MD is stil my favourite and will never sell this gem !! Next up for me will either be the Ether 2 or ZMF Aeolous.

Same goes here. Mad Dog Pro user and still rockin’ with Chord Mojo. Cant believe it stacks up pretty well with many higher priced mid-fi HPs. Think want to give it a fresh breath such as new cabling. I find the single sided cable came with stock is pretty long. I imagine it would be great to cut it short on the new custom cable. Perhaps, it will sound more fuller due to limited resistance compare to longer stock cable.

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #3,197 of 3,203
Same goes here. Mad Dog Pro user and still rockin’ with Chord Mojo. Cant believe it stacks up pretty well with many higher priced mid-fi HPs. Think want to give it a fresh breath such as new cabling. I find the single sided cable came with stock is pretty long. I imagine it would be great to cut it short on the new custom cable. Perhaps, it will sound more fuller due to limited resistance compare to longer stock cable.
Absolutely. Change of cable will have noticeable difference. Am using Blue Dragon from Moon Audio. But many are now saying Norne Audio cables are great choices.

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #3,198 of 3,203
Absolutely. Change of cable will have noticeable difference. Am using Blue Dragon from Moon Audio. But many are now saying Norne Audio cables are great choices.

Exactly what I need to hear. For the driver, they sure have a lot of potentials. Will try to look out for the Norne cables. If their price a bit out of my budget, I will try for local DIYers. Have heard good things about Mogami cables among DIY community at accessible price

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #3,199 of 3,203
Still rocking and loving mine. I bought mine at a meet in San Francisco from Mr.Speaker booth. Nothing is broken, the alpha pad is still intact tho I swapped it to my HE400S and I am using brainwavz earpads on the MD.

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #3,202 of 3,203
Man do I miss these. These were my first $300> pair of headphones and my first taste of what planar bass texture was like. So unique sounding too. I even preferred them to Argon Mk2. So much so that I've been trying to track down a pair of NOS Mk2's and then beg Dan to turn them into Mad Dog 3.2's lol. Wishful thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back