MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #2,761 of 2,843
Anyone use Amarra SQ+ to EQ the Ether 1.1?

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #2,762 of 2,843
I think they are not meant to be jaw dropping or impressive, I just find them very well balanced sounding and they present the music the way it's meant to be heard, warts and all, very similar sounding to my LCD-X but much lighter and more comfortable to use for extended long period of time. I now wonder how the Ether Flow would sound in comparison.

Quote:
  Very well said!  They really don't give you that jaw dropping impact on first listen, but the subtleties you hear when you spend time with them make for a beautiful listening experience.

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #2,764 of 2,843
  how will these compete against stax 007 and hd800? And are they good for gaming as well as music?

No idea how they compere to the stax models but the Ethers are great for gaming as well. The emphasize with the bass of these headphones is more on quality then quantity. I you are looking for head-shaking bass during explosions look further (Ether Flow is better). Only problem is the Ethers are so good you will defenitely hear how crappy some samples that are used in games are.

Scanspeakman 

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2,765 of 2,843
how will these compete against stax 007 and hd800? And are they good for gaming as well as music?

i had two guys come to my house to check out hd800 units i have for sale. it blew away their akg headphone anf they were fairly impressed. i let them try the ether flow with norne solv cable and they lost all interest in the hd800. it was in anothet class they said. i intend to hide the flows for all subsequent potential buyers of the hd800.

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2,768 of 2,843
No..no no... bad Pippen. ...
I am grateful for the chance of an upgrade from Dan but it's not until wrapping them up I realised it could be a few weeks before having the fun of burning in the Flows...
I just wish I could have had the full treatment but wifey is not a happy bunny.....
This is my birthday xmas treat.... both 4 days apart...

Mark Dolbear at ElectroMod and Dan are superstars and Peter. ...

Funny the American lads I work with didnt know 'Trump' is a polite word for a fart in the UK and Clinton's is a cheap card chain that print humourous messages....

Here is a none political joke to end the night..

How do you stick a frog to metal....

Rivet..

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #2,771 of 2,843
Just breaking in my Ethers....and they are meant to get better?!? cannot wait! Standard line but re-discovering music from a while back & sounding so good, noticing so much detail - these have been such a good buy. Auditioned a whole pile of headphones in my decision making, from Beyer to Oppo to Audeze to Final to Audio Technica to Focal.....and fell to Ether because of the detail, the sound, the musicality, suits my taste and the bass is just where it needs to be. Running them thru MacBook Pro, Naim DAC V1 & they sing. I was worried that they would tend to brightness but no worry hear. Back to the music......

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #2,772 of 2,843
For me it was 160 hours of gentle play time before they settled in.. I get to do it again as I got in on time for the Flow upgrade...I hope you enjoy them as much as I did... It's killing me waiting for them to come back from Dan's upgrade Elves...
Good luck
Dave

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #2,773 of 2,843
Will be very curious to see what you think to the Flows, they were just beyond my initial reach otherwise.....plus the negotiation with my other half got me as far as the Ethers, not wise to push this close to Christmas
regular_smile .gif

Hope your Flows return soon..

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #2,775 of 2,843
I have been luck really with buying kit we missed a holiday so had a bit of spare cash...it is silly though us grown men spending on smaller items just to get passed the wife but spend more on bits than we rather want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back