MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #2,821 of 2,843
Hi,

I owned ether and like the sound so much and suitable for my taste. Now, I'm in dillema whether to upgrade it to ether flow or c flow. Previously, I prefer the open rather then closed for my ether but for the flow still has not decided yet.. reading the review for c flow make me confused.

My local dealer here only have demo for the ether flow which I'm going to have test it next week but they dont have the C.

What is the big significant difference between the open and c flow?

Besides the ether, i also owned closed back hp from fostex thx00.. and previously also owned LCD3 but its too heavy and i really dont like it much for my taste..

Any suggestion? Thanks.

Nov 10, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #2,823 of 2,843
The new Ether 2 appears to have the potential to compete with other Tier-1 headphones, but I've not had an opportunity to hear it. I've read @MattTCG's informative review (thank you Matt). However, I'm also looking for input from others who have tried or lived with the Ether 2.

It may be too soon to ask, but would anyone care to share your impressions of this new headphone?
This is the Ether thread not Ether 2 :)

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #2,827 of 2,843
I installed them on my Ether C years ago. I left them in. As I remember there were benefits to my ear but I do not know if I would call it meaningful. It is like most mods... It will change the sound but it is still personal preference.

Update: I did add Silver Dragon cables, that did change the sound also. But if you ask me does it make the Ether C sound better I would say no, but it did give it the "silver sound" and that was what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #2,828 of 2,843
I installed them on my Ether C years ago. I left them in. As I remember there were benefits to my ear but I do not know if I would call it meaningful. It is like most mods... It will change the sound but it is still personal preference.

Update: I did add Silver Dragon cables, that did change the sound also. But if you ask me does it make the Ether C sound better I would say no, but it did give it the "silver sound" and that was what I was looking for.

Was that the flow update kit? With the thin white paper and extra tuning pads.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #2,831 of 2,843

I have these for 5days now.
Accurate, articulate, airy, smooth, tight sound. Very nice toy with EQ.
Flagships drivers here, no doubts.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #2,832 of 2,843
I have these for 5days now.
Accurate, articulate, airy, smooth, tight sound. Very nice toy with EQ.
Flagships drivers here, no doubts.

Snazzy looking amp, what is that?

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 5, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #2,835 of 2,843
Thanks for the reply. Its too bad they don’t do Flow upgrades anymore, just wondering what else I can get out of this headphone.
I use wywires platinum, and think the sounds improved... not want to play with dampening and pads.

Has anyone figured out hod’s to open these up?
Although probably not considered a mod or maybe a tweek, I have had good results with this little device I stumbled on at amazon. Celidian Signal 0030 - Audiophile Audio Enhancement Device. It expands the sound, higher and wider sound stage. It works great with headphones or even in the car with a dap on the aux connection. But by far the best results for me occur with my Ether Flow Open, it almost sounds like a new headphone. It also works well with my Aeon 2C, but seems to prefer open headphones. Of course, YMMV
1607230635864.png
1607230635864.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back