MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jul 28, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #5,671 of 5,796
Wanted to buy the Ether Flow angled pads for my HE560 but they're still not available and my old pads are literally falling apart. Can anybody comment on whether the non angled version makes much of a difference sonically and/or in terms of pad quality?

*and comfort

Ether Flow Angled are the best pads bar none IMO for the HE-500, HE-6; And the best I have heard with the HE-6SE, HE-5SE, HE5LE. Never heard the 560 with one, but the 560 is similar to the 5SE IMO, so I expect it would work well.

Gives a great sense of depth and width compared to most, also very flat, esp in the treble which the HFM's need like you read about.

Jul 28, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #5,672 of 5,796
Do you think Ether C Flow 1.1 are the best closed headphones ?
How they compared to Focal Stellia? Denon 9200 ? Sony Z1R ?

I really like them. If you like Bass the Sony and Focal produce pretty good bass, probably better than the 1.1. Never heard the Denon's so don't know.

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #5,674 of 5,796
What's the consensus here on ether c flow vs aeon closed 2?
Don't know about consensus, but... for me, the only advantage of the Æon 2 C is weight/comfort for long sessions. Otherwise, I prefer Ether C Flow: greater clarity, greater depth, less constrained, and also a bit easier to drive with different amps. Æon 2 C is competent overall, but Ether C Flow is on a different plane.

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #5,675 of 5,796
Hi

I have Ether Flows and Hugo 2. I find the sound too thin for my taste.

I also have a Cayin N6ii EO2 DAP. Has anyone tried this in combination with the Flows?

BTW I also have 64 Audio A12ts and these work very well with both the Hugo and the N6.

Many thanks

Ian

Aug 13, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #5,676 of 5,796
Does anyone has channel balance issues with the Ether C Flow? Some months ago mine started to have ~6dB of channel imbalance, when I transported them from my work place to my home to ship them back to DCA the channel imbalance got fixed on its own. Yesterday I noticed ~2dB of channel imbalance. So this seems to be kind off an odd issue that comes and goes, does anybody has a similar issue?

Sep 18, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #5,677 of 5,796
Sorry to interrupt the conversation. I have just picked up and ex-demo pair of Ether C Flow's from my local hifi shop in the UK. This is long term itch i've been meaning to scratch and they dont disappoint, but i'd like get some UPOCC silver in the mix and make a new cable, but i'm struggling to find the pin-out wiring diagram for the connectors. Does anyone have such a thing? any help much appreciated :)

Sep 18, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #5,678 of 5,796
Sorry to interrupt the conversation. I have just picked up and ex-demo pair of Ether C Flow's from my local hifi shop in the UK. This is long term itch i've been meaning to scratch and they dont disappoint, but i'd like get some UPOCC silver in the mix and make a new cable, but i'm struggling to find the pin-out wiring diagram for the connectors. Does anyone have such a thing? any help much appreciated :)
I'd contact Dan Clark at his website. He sells connectors for DIY'ers, and I'm sure he'd be happy to help out.

Sep 18, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #5,679 of 5,796
This has the information https://danclarkaudio.com/catalog/p...ha-dog-and-mad-dog-custom-cables/category/53/

Sep 18, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #5,680 of 5,796
Sep 20, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #5,681 of 5,796
Just bought an outlet Ether flow 1.0 from Crutchfield ($650 off the original price!) and the upgrade kit arrived today. I'm curious how each tuning pad affects the sound and can't easily find a breakdown online. Anyone have a link to that?

I love the headphones, @mrspeakers - they have the best response time of any headphones I've yet owned. I notice bass drums have more punch and quicker, more accurate decay, for example. The sound is just what I was looking for and they are a ton lighter than my old Audeze. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #5,682 of 5,796
Just bought an outlet Ether flow 1.0 from Crutchfield ($650 off the original price!) and the upgrade kit arrived today. I'm curious how each tuning pad affects the sound and can't easily find a breakdown online. Anyone have a link to that?

I love the headphones, @mrspeakers - they have the best response time of any headphones I've yet owned. I notice bass drums have more punch and quicker, more accurate decay, for example. The sound is just what I was looking for and they are a ton lighter than my old Audeze. Thanks!
Just listen to each to find what it is you like. Why would it matter what others would think as they don’t have your setup or preferences.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #5,684 of 5,796
Sep 20, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #5,685 of 5,796
Again what others think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back