MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 17, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #5,566 of 5,796
I know the E1.1 Closed and both Aeons. I don't get why reviewers claim the Aeons are better. Maybe new list vs new list there might be an argument on value but on performance? Please. Comps performed on same front end and same amp. Newer must be better right? Well the HE-500 buries the 560....

Aug 17, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #5,567 of 5,796
Well, you can't really argue over personal, subjective opinions.

Anyway, I'm looking for some cheap velour pads for Ether Flow. Anyone found any or are there any other model's pads that fit the Ether Flow perfectly? I say cheap because I don't particularly care about how they alter the sound, I just want to see if I can get it to be more comfortable in this really hot country...

Ps. Why do I feel like I've asked this before? I'm going to go back a few pages.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #5,569 of 5,796
Eventually. We're designing an adaptor plate to replace the earpad mounting ring ETHER and ETHER Flow use, then they'll be compatible. It'll be an affordable part that takes 6 screws to install and will also be reversable. It'll be a few months...

Hi Dan,

Could you give an update on development/release?

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #5,570 of 5,796
It's the VIVO Cable best possible cable for Ether Flow 1.1?
It sounds great but bulit quallity is not that good, mine is 4th months old and i feel that strands inside is breaking up...

Sep 23, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #5,571 of 5,796
Well, you can't really argue over personal, subjective opinions.

Anyway, I'm looking for some cheap velour pads for Ether Flow. Anyone found any or are there any other model's pads that fit the Ether Flow perfectly? I say cheap because I don't particularly care about how they alter the sound, I just want to see if I can get it to be more comfortable in this really hot country...

Ps. Why do I feel like I've asked this before? I'm going to go back a few pages.

I have been using Brainwavz hybrid pads for the past week, they are very comfortable.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #5,572 of 5,796
I must be the lamest Head-Fier but I keep stripping the head strap at the screws, first one side which I reinforced with a washer, and now the other side. Seems like the only part of the headphone that is susceptible to Radicus abuse.
I listen in bed a lot so it's a bit skewed and trapped sometimes and pushing the headphone down without thinking has done the dirty deed twice.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #5,573 of 5,796
I use my EFC along with THX 789. I first notice a lack of body through all spectrum, and then weak bass/ drum sound. I still have stock cable; I wonder if Forza copper cable (one with AWG20 wires for extra bass response, link) will compensate for them.

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #5,575 of 5,796
I use my EFC along with THX 789. I first notice a lack of body through all spectrum, and then weak bass/ drum sound. I still have stock cable; I wonder if Forza copper cable (one with AWG20 wires for extra bass response, link) will compensate for them.

Definitely try them with a different amp. From my experience, the Schiit Jotunheim pairs much better with the Ether's than the 789. The Jot brings a lot more body in the bass region and more color to the music overall.

Sep 29, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #5,576 of 5,796
Definitely try them with a different amp. From my experience, the Schiit Jotunheim pairs much better with the Ether's than the 789. The Jot brings a lot more body in the bass region and more color to the music overall.

I like so much listening heavy metal. 789 seems to be so analitically sounding, and missing drum kicks. Otherwise, i cannot judge it is superior to jazz, pop and other kind of genres, which do not have heavily drum sounds. Personally, still prefer to Loxjie P20 over 789 in heavy metal/metal musics.
Mjolnir 2 could be another option. Never heard it, and curious about what else it offers on Loxjie p20.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #5,577 of 5,796
I know the E1.1 Closed and both Aeons. I don't get why reviewers claim the Aeons are better. Maybe new list vs new list there might be an argument on value but on performance? Please. Comps performed on same front end and same amp. Newer must be better right? Well the HE-500 buries the 560....

Certainly haven't seen that in "pro" reviews. They have a somewhat different voicing, but generally the ETHER linle gives more detail, bigger soundstage, and more weight on the bottom for the Closed. Certainly the AEON is a better "Value," we designed all the same tech in but cost-reduced it, so you can really think of AEON as a smaller sibling with all the same genes.

Hi Dan,

Could you give an update on development/release?

Sorry, we're behind on this project. We've got it designed, just have to pull the trigger. We will offer a service for the screw-driver averse to install it, and dealers may also offer this.

It's the VIVO Cable best possible cable for Ether Flow 1.1?
It sounds great but bulit quallity is not that good, mine is 4th months old and i feel that strands inside is breaking up...

We've not had issues with returns, only the occassional broken wire or something. If you have an issue you have a warranty just send photos and a description to info@mrspeakers.com and we'll take care of it. The only thing I know of that can damage the cable is folding it so tightly you kink the internal wires. Other than that what you describe I've not heard before.

I must be the lamest Head-Fier but I keep stripping the head strap at the screws, first one side which I reinforced with a washer, and now the other side. Seems like the only part of the headphone that is susceptible to Radicus abuse.
I listen in bed a lot so it's a bit skewed and trapped sometimes and pushing the headphone down without thinking has done the dirty deed twice.

If your plastic is stripped the parts can be sent under warranty, or for just a few $ if out of warranty. Contact info@mrspeakers.com and we'll take care of you. It's a 5 min fix with a phillips-head.

I've not spent time with it, but people on the AEON threads also dislike the 789 pairing and call it thin and sometimes bright. I'll go out on a limb and guess it doesn't behave as well into low impedance loads as it does on higher, where people seem to enjoy it. There are lots of good midrange amp choices from Schiit, Headamp, Drop, and others that do really, really well.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #5,579 of 5,796
Hi Dan,
Any idea when Ether C flow will be back in stock? The wait is killing me.

They'll be in stock again tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back