MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #5,313 of 5,796
What are your first impressions?

Pretty subtle. Didn't give me a wow factor but there is an increased sense of space and imaging. With just the foam, it was a tad too bright for me. Bass response went down a bit so I think I may remove the patch for the vents. I need to do some more comparisons as I've only got about an hour to try them yesterday. Also kind of sick so hard to concentrate on just the sound. The newer pads are nice. Much more firm then the older ones. Squeezes a bit, not not too bad

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #5,318 of 5,796
I got the "new" angled pads onto my Ether Flow C 1.1's today, so now I have the complete 1.1 upgrade. I must say, the new angled pads really do change/increase/improve the <100hz bass response of the ether c flow. The Ether C flow is the first planar magnetic I've spent a lot of time with - I'm sort of a dynamic driver kind of guy coming from a live sound engineering background. I really experienced what people say about planar bass - lots of detail and texture, but less visceral impact. The new angled pads change that a big on the ether c flows, and I can "feel" the sub bass thump more now - closer to what I'm used to with dynamic driver headphones. Comfort for me on the old angled pads was not an issue, so no comment on if the new pads help with that.

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #5,319 of 5,796
I just received one of the new Vivo balanced cables for my Ether C. It is much lighter and more flexible and less subject to cable noise than the DUM cable. It sounds good and I am happy. Thank you!

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #5,321 of 5,796
Paid $300 for it? I feel there are tons of alternatives at that price. What made you go with Vivo opposed to other brands
I paid what it costs. It's a great cable. I like MrSpeakers products.

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #5,323 of 5,796
The mate made that choice, paid for it and is happy with it. Happy enough to announce it here. It's that easy... :smile_phones:

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #5,324 of 5,796
Did you look at alternatives? Or just decided to go with Vivo? Just wondering if it's worth it and/or better than it's competition.
I can't answer any comparison questions to other brands,. I was only interested in the Vivo.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #5,325 of 5,796
VIVO is not a typical OEM cable made with off the shelf wire, it’s 100% custom manufactured from the wire up and hand built in the US.

As a full custom cable we had to make 3Km. We spent a lot of energy getting the sound and ergonomics right, with the goal of increasing resolution without adding brightness while expanding the soundstage and improving ergonomics.

These cables take a long time to manufacture due to the material and design choices that led to the sound and ergonomics. We put a lot of work into making this a major upgrade, I hope people enjoy it.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back