MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 14, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #3,811 of 5,796
  I own both Alpha Primes and C Flows. I've listened to both extensively with Schiit Asgard 2, Schiit Jotunheim, and Cavalli Liquid Carbon amps. With any of those amps, I find the C Flows more accurate, faster on transients, more balanced across the whole frequency range, and less fatiguing. You should check with MrSpeakers, what you describe should not be happening unless there's a defect or a bad mismatch between amp and headphones.

After a few hours listening, I am finding the same. I have no desire to reach for the black pads, which in and of itself is worth the cost of the upgrade. The low end is also considerably more authoritative.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #3,813 of 5,796
Can anyone recommend a good balanced cable for the ether flows? Will be using it with a liquid carbon. Something around the 300$ mark or so? Or a little more if need be.

Thanks in advance!

Hard to do better than Norne Audio for the price. Draug 2c comes in that budget and is killer with Ether Flow. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #3,816 of 5,796
The Draug 2c is an excellent cable.  But I find myself using the Wywires Platinum more, and consider the Platinum my endgame cable. It sounded great with the open Ether and is making me appreciate my Primes more now that I am waiting on my Ether Flow upgrade. I am preparing my mind to be blown once I get the Ether Flow back.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #3,817 of 5,796
The WyWires Red is also an excellent $300 contender.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,818 of 5,796
Nordost Heimdall 2 is also excellent. Cheers

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #3,819 of 5,796

Hard to do better than Norne Audio for the price. Draug 2c comes in that budget and is killer with Ether Flow. 

What differences did you observe over the DUM cable?

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,820 of 5,796

Yeah, it's really kind of an unbeatable price for the quality of cable.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #3,824 of 5,796
Oh, I see. In my mind, I was comparing to DHC's fancier options; I ought to have been explicit.

What differences have you guys noticed from changing cables?

I'm using a DHC  Comp4 fusion I bought on the classifieds, with an adapter to fit the flows.  I think they sell for somewhere between $700 and $800.  Slightly better clarity and tighter bass, but not really a night and day difference from the DUM.  I tried a Toxic Cables SW22 with the flows, but with the silver litz it really did enhance the treble and reduce some sub bass, so I didn't find it a great match with the Flows.  IMO, cable's change to SQ is really very subtle.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,825 of 5,796
I have always been skeptical about cables. I have noticed minor improvements with different kinds of cables that have tested out but I'm not sure if they're worth the money to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back