MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jan 30, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #3,676 of 5,796

Damn. Baby Ethers. Well done Mr Speakers. :)

Damn.

Good to see that Dan and Co. are releasing headphones in a lower price bracket. Very curious to read about them, but given that I just sent my C's to be upgraded to C Flows I don't think I'll jump on board the AEON train.

Double Damn.

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #3,678 of 5,796
I just watched the beginning of the video.

Here's the Head Fi thread for the AEON if anyone wants to post there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833820/aeon-mrspeakers-new-closed-back-planar-magnetic-headphone#post_13218664

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #3,679 of 5,796
I don't have a wall of fame to knock PM-3 off of but how can I listen without buying?

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #3,680 of 5,796
Whew...I've been waiting not very patiently to talk about the AEON. Polishing up a review of the beta sample now. Feel free to ask questions. Maybe we should start a new thread. NM...just found it. 

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #3,681 of 5,796
Can anyone compare ether flow and t1 2nd gen?

I recently bought t1 2gen and I thought it does everything right but bass(just not punchy as grado does)

Does ether flow have more bass quantity than t1 2gen? 

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #3,682 of 5,796
I am considering the DHC Molecule Elite (silver litz) upgrade cable for my Ether C Flow. 
As it's a significant investment (500$+) I would appreciate if anyone who tried the same combination could post comments.

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #3,683 of 5,796
Whew...I've been waiting not very patiently to talk about the AEON. Polishing up a review of the beta sample now. Feel free to ask questions. Maybe we should start a new thread. NM...just found it. 
If the NDA is lifted, is it possible to post a photo with them on your head? To get a grasp of their size. Thanks

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,684 of 5,796
Hi All, updates from my side and answering questions - sorry I didn't quote you, I'm really bad at that...

- My Ether Flow took a while to break-in, probably >100hrs.  I broke them in along with the Wywires Platinum cable, listening to music as did @pippen99.  The SQ improved greatly with time.  It was fun...each time I would go back to the Flow they sounded better.  That's cool.

- After the break-in period, the open Flow now have nicely detailed mids/treble and are not overly bright.  The soundstage is deep but not as wide as I'd hoped for (IMHO).

- I think the posted prices of the Wywires HP cables ($299 Red, $599 Platinum for 5-ft cables) are about right. There is a big difference between their builds. Contact Alex directly for full info - always a good idea when ordering cables of this quality.  IMO, the Red are a great upgrade from stock cables, then the Platinum are end-game.  These are not over-priced as compared to other high-end cables.

- As for the mobile rig, I had paired the HA-2 with my AK120ii because the AK120ii didn't have the oomph I was looking for.  The HA-2 is very nice as an amp, super smooth/black floor sound quality and warmer than the AK120ii by itself.  When I sent the AK120 to my brother (as a gift) and acquired the AK240, I just kept the HA-2 in the rig.  I like how it sounds, with the SE846 and the Ether Flow...but rarely use it with headphones.  YMMV.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
RCB

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #3,685 of 5,796

- I think the posted prices of the Wywires HP cables ($299 Red, $599 Platinum for 5-ft cables) are about right. There is a big difference between their builds. Contact Alex directly for full info - always a good idea when ordering cables of this quality.  IMO, the Red are a great upgrade from stock cables, then the Platinum are end-game.  These are not over-priced as compared to other high-end cables.

is the platinum cable heavy? does it weigh down the headphone at all compared to the dum cable?

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #3,686 of 5,796
  is the platinum cable heavy? does it weigh down the headphone at all compared to the dum cable?

No, the new platinum cable is quite light and flexible.  Alex made improvements along the way :).

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #3,687 of 5,796
If the NDA is lifted, is it possible to post a photo with them on your head? To get a grasp of their size. Thanks

Sure I'll take a quick pic or so for you. Keep in mind that these are late iteration beta models and aesthetics may change for production. Coming up...

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #3,688 of 5,796
Is anyone willing to do a comparison with the AKG K712?

I'm wondering if the Ether Flows would suffice for gaming as well as listening to music. I currently listen to Jazz and Classical from the AKG K712, but I wonder how the Ether Flows handles such music as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back