MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Dec 17, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #3,136 of 5,796
If you were in need of a closed-back, you already made a great purchase. But post your comparisons agains the HD800, anyways. :wink:

I bought the flows not the flow C's. I have the alpha primes which is as far as I wanted to travel with closed headphones. They have their use, but I generally much prefer open phones.

Sbb

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #3,138 of 5,796
I know what it is.

Tyll has been really exhausted lately as he's being working as a Mall Santa! Someone do teh Photoshops!

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #3,140 of 5,796
I have lost respect of Dan and Mrspeakers for pulling all strings to make Tyll apologies and put the Ether C flow on his wall of fame despite's not liking it.

Uh...

Yea, okay bro. I'm sure that's what happened. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #3,141 of 5,796
Seems like some serious spurious claims going around here... Think some of you guys should chill out a bit. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #3,142 of 5,796
I have lost respect of Dan and Mrspeakers for pulling all strings to make Tyll apologies and put the Ether C flow on his wall of fame despite's not liking it.

You can't write that if you don't have a back up/ evidence.
I met Dan myself and is an honest and great guy.
His company is growing fast because he cares about the customers and he listen to them.He is really interested in making a fine best sounding headphone and he did that.
P.S.he does not needs Tyll's review to take things further.In some countries there is still a waiting time for both Ether Flow and Ether C Flow.
That's how quickly they sell out every time they have them in stock.
The sound comes first,then the comfort and the build quality and the after sales support you get.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #3,143 of 5,796
You can't write that if you don't have a back up/ evidence.
I met Dan myself and is an honest and great guy.
His company is growing fast because he cares about the customers and he listen to them.He is really interested in making a fine best sounding headphone and he did that.
P.S.he does not needs Tyll's review to take things further.In some countries there is still a waiting time for both Ether Flow and Ether C Flow.
That's how quickly they sell out every time they have them in stock.
The sound comes first,then the comfort and the build quality and the after sales support you get.

I know Tyll for many years more than Dan, if I read his statement he specifically apologised to Dan and all staff of Mrspeakers which is quite a statement. I know Dan is very passionate and cares about customer and try to help individual with best possible way but this event has turned my head around.
Regarding sale increase with Tylls reviews facts says all look at the sale after Tyle reviewed the flow open and Focals.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #3,144 of 5,796
^

Don't worry about it guys. He was wanting a reaction and got it. Just let him miss out on one of the best sounding HP's. His loss. None of ours.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,145 of 5,796

I'm just curious how it is you know Dan pulled all the strings?

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #3,147 of 5,796
Or the beard weighing him down?

(Sorry Tyll, couldn't resist)

Lol respect the beard lol. Do not blame the innocent beard for Tyll's strange view of the ETHER C Flow.:)).

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #3,148 of 5,796
Has anyone just asked????
rather than turn a statement into a new version of the X files conspiracy thread ...
Tyll's beard isn't a Xenusian Face hugger from dimension No6... Neither is Dan The new Lizard King taking over Hi-fi with mind control...
Just ask nicely....

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #3,149 of 5,796
Has anyone just asked????
rather than turn a statement into a new version of the X files conspiracy thread ...
Tyll's beard isn't a Xenusian Face hugger from dimension No6... Neither is Dan The new Lizard King taking over Hi-fi with mind control...
Just ask nicely....

U do realize this is teh internets, right?

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #3,150 of 5,796
A legendary mastering engineer called the 430 fake tubey and soft sounding also. So I'm quite confused also why Tyll calls it a reference amp.

I couldn't sell my 430HA fast enough. Build quality and functionality were superb, but an amp lives or dies on the SQ, and the 430HA was a mess for me. Warm and musical, but also veiled, slow and lacking in excitement and punch.

I have expressed my amazement several times that Tyll has selected it as a reference tool. I am confused also. It is one of the LAST amps I would call "reference". It is not a transparent device IMHO, and a reference amp should be exactly that.

Taurus or V281 would be a better choice as a reference amp. I have never heard the GS-X Mk2, but presumably that also is a very transparent device. I would be hard pressed to think of another TOTL amp less suitable as a reference product than the 430HA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back