MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Dec 17, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #3,121 of 5,796

How was the bass response with the Jotunheim?  I've read positive impressions of pairing the cans with the Liquid Carbon, as most tend to describe the signature as warm, yet resolving.  Everything I hear about the Jotunheim is that is is accurate and detailed, but perhaps slightly cold, which I would like to avoid.  For now, I'm using a modest Creative X7.  It gets the job done, but given the amp is likely the weak link on the device, I think that the Ether C Flows deserve better.

Have both amps and C Flows. Overall I prefer the Jot's flat, accurate rendering with tight bass to the LC's warmer, somewhat sirupy tone, which can be delightful on material like solo violin. But then my reference recorded sound is from a speaker system (see my sig) which I chose to be as balanced, accurate, fast, and resolving as I could find. I also listen to lots of live jazz and my preference is for speed, dynamics, and detail, with all the charming imperfections of instruments and players.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #3,122 of 5,796
I think Tyll forgot to mention that the Ether C flow is the best closed headphone in the market. I think his bias against closed headphones is too strong, his review should have mention the fact that a lot of us prefer a closed headphone than open. Not just professionals need high end closed headphones.  In my case, my listening station is in the bedroom where my wife also spend a lot of time, and I wanted some isolation while listening to the best sound possible.

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #3,123 of 5,796
I think Tyll forgot to mention that the Ether C flow is the best closed headphone in the market. I think his bias against closed headphones is too strong, his review should have mention the fact that a lot of us prefer a closed headphone than open. Not just professionals need high end closed headphones.  In my case, my listening station is in the bedroom where my wife also spend a lot of time, and I wanted some isolation while listening to the best sound possible.

I think his bias is more against headphones with a treble peak. Which is completely understandable.

Dec 17, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #3,124 of 5,796
I think his bias is more against headphones with a treble peak. Which is completely understandable.

Ironic really consider how long the HD 800 was on the WoF for lol

Dec 17, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #3,125 of 5,796
Ironic really consider how long the HD 800 was on the WoF for lol

Was the reason he took it down though. Probably because for the longest time, nobody was making worthy totl contenders to compete with the hd800. Now that the industry is getting a bit of a shake up, he has more options that fit his preferences.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #3,126 of 5,796
Yes, his large order shipped and should be there shortly if not already.

Nice summary, you captured a lot of it!  It's really hard to grow staff and suppliers and improve quality and yield at the same time.  

Of course you also have to include personal emergencies, turnover, cashflow management, accounting and taxes, HR issues, unexpected equipment downtime, it's pretty never ending.   

OK, off to go see Rogue One.  

:tongue_smile:  

Thanks brother...for making my xmas and doing the upgrades..
In reality every job listed in a big corporation has a department full of people doing each job...
I did feel sorry for you Dan... but you are seeing Rogue One now I hate you..:blush:
Star wars was my first film...
But I forgive you as I should get my Ethers Wednesday for my 45th birthday yer...:sob: getting old only works if your Yoda..

Yoda ...the effect of a big sneeze with a bad attitude...
Happy merrymass all..

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3,131 of 5,796
Dec 17, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #3,132 of 5,796
Well, after deliberations, pushed to button on the ether flow....should arrive middle of next week. 

Looking forward to seeing how they stack up against my HD800's!

sbb

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #3,135 of 5,796
I am not a xmas person really but I do enjoy seeing others happy...It's a tough world for most so a little happy for all never hurts... A big hug from me to all the Ether thread. I hope you all get nothing you want..:thinking: but everything you need:laughing:..

Keep smiling

Dave

Thanks, I wanted world peace, now you ruined that.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back