MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 10, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,111 of 5,796
I'm Seriously curious.
What will to happen to all the hundreds of pairs of old ether drivers?

re-stocked, scrapped?
I believe Dan said they would be damaged for the upgrade. So no modding a different headphone ; )

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,112 of 5,796
I hope I'm in the list hahaha.

hmm, judging from the number of participants in this draw, the chance of me getting in is very slim indeed, hopefully the price won't increase for future upgrades. 

If a case like Liquid carbon happens (from around 500 to 800 = huge price change), It might be a bit too expensive for me since I need to pay in AUD

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #1,113 of 5,796
  I hope I'm in the list hahaha.

hmm, judging from the number of participants in this draw, the chance of me getting in is very slim indeed, hopefully the price won't increase for future upgrades. 

If a case like Liquid carbon happens (from around 500 to 800 = huge price change), It might be a bit too expensive for me since I need to pay in AUD

40/200 = 1/5 chance.  Not terrible...certainly not "very slim".  Buck up, there's still hope!

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #1,116 of 5,796
I believe Dan said "several hundred" so who knows, could be 200 and could be 400.

Could be 999!  40/1000 = 4% so let's say 4-20% chance.  Okay, feel free to panic.  
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #1,118 of 5,796
I've been listening to the Flow next to my Ether for about 30 minutes and I can safely say there is no way I'm going to pass on the upgrade. The Flow has handled every single genre I've tested so far as well if not better than the Ether does. Hell, at one point I even found a bit of moisture forming in my eyes on a song I've listened to countless time on the Ether. While I've had a great experience with that specific track each time with the Ether it never made me tear up before. Anyway, back to the listening. I have a sneaking suspicion I won't want to go to bed tonight.

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #1,119 of 5,796
  I've been listening to the Flow next to my Ether for about 30 minutes and I can safely say there is no way I'm going to pass on the upgrade. The Flow has handled every single genre I've tested so far as well if not better than the Ether does. Hell, at one point I even found a bit of moisture forming in my eyes on a song I've listened to countless time on the Ether. While I've had a great experience with that specific track each time with the Ether it never made me tear up before. Anyway, back to the listening. I have a sneaking suspicion I won't want to go to bed tonight.

did you try it with metal as well?
asking because I mainly listen to metal music. Ether is really good, but I feel the low end could be better (which is EF's big improvement over Ether as I take it).

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,120 of 5,796

How 'bout versus the Focals?

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #1,121 of 5,796
Would it make sense to prioritize the upgrades for recent purchasers of the Ether's/Ether-C's? 

Can't decide if this is logical and/or if I'm just biased since I was one of the people who bought the C's shortly before the Flow announcement. 

Cheers 

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #1,122 of 5,796
i wouldn't worry yet the plan wasn't until September minimum. Dan has CanJam...Headphone geeks with rucksacks explaining the same thing repeatedly for ⏳ hours...Not my cup of tea smiling for 7 hours... He has patients of a Saint.. a few weeks isnt so bad...

2 more pay days to scrape the money together isnt a bad thing. With Tyll review soon it may get worse....Good for buisness but a logistical nightmare..

More mini reviews from CJ LONDON hopefully to wet the appetite.....

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #1,123 of 5,796
  Would it make sense to prioritize the upgrades for recent purchasers of the Ether's/Ether-C's? 

Can't decide if this is logical and/or if I'm just biased since I was one of the people who bought the C's shortly before the Flow announcement. 

Cheers 

prioritising anyone is a bad idea imo, freight times for people will differ, the first person to pay whatever price discounted or not and ship may not be the first set of cans to arrive in the shop and you couldn't have the worker(s) assigned to upgrades to not start on ether number 4 in the queue while they wait however long for 1-3 to arrive.

also hindsight here but the idea of the first 40 seemed a bit silly to me, I think a better approach would have been not take interest in upgrades until you were practiced in your methods and confident of costs and also in a position to receive payments, of course you could always state the price is subject to change at any time. Also I would set a deadline on the discount for recent purchasers.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #1,124 of 5,796
  did you try it with metal as well?
asking because I mainly listen to metal music. Ether is really good, but I feel the low end could be better (which is EF's big improvement over Ether as I take it).

I don't have a large selection of metal in my library, but the song in question was from Nightwish, so yeah I've compared metal between the two. The Flow's sub-bass is improved pretty significantly over the Ether which surprised me while listening to some pop music.

How 'bout versus the Focals?

I don't have any of the new Focals on-hand.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #1,125 of 5,796
I don't have a large selection of metal in my library, but the song in question was from Nightwish, so yeah I've compared metal between the two. The Flow's sub-bass is improved pretty significantly over the Ether which surprised me while listening to some pop music.

I don't have any of the new Focals on-hand.

How is the bass sound compared to something like the lcd-X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back