MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 10, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #1,083 of 5,796
We had a much larger response than expected. Please don't send "am I on the list" requests, we need to think through how to be fair given that we had several hundred responses.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 10, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,084 of 5,796
We had a much larger response than expected. Please don't send "am I on the list" requests, we need to think through how to be fair given that we had several hundred responses.

Wow... you guys must be really busy. Grats on the success though!
popcorn.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,086 of 5,796

I thought it was clear from the beginning that the first 40 would get "on the list"? Does "thinking through how to be fair" imply that the number will be increased, or that there will be a different selection method?

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #1,089 of 5,796
  I thought it was clear from the beginning that the first 40 would get "on the list"? Does "thinking through how to be fair" imply that the number will be increased, or that there will be a different selection method?

I would hope the first 40 would count....then the rest could go in a draw pool if the decided number goes above that amount.  That's fair to everyone I think.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #1,090 of 5,796
Several hundred responses in < 24 hours... I think I signed up within the first 10-15 minutes of the signup being reported (here in this thread) as active/available. Who knows where that lands me but I'm hopeful :)

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,091 of 5,796
Not all of us were able to be hovering over the thread and ready to pounce within 10 minutes of the form going up on the web, but did respond nevertheless and are just as interested and deserving of upgrade...  maybe that's what he meant by "fair".  

Let's be patient and let the folks at Mr Speakers sort it out as fairly as possible.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #1,092 of 5,796
Thanks Dan.

Good luck sorting through it all.

I can see where fair might not be the first 40, since that would be unfair to someone who was living in a timezone where they were sleeping when it went live.

Ie it just becomes blind luck.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,093 of 5,796
Agreed. One thing that'll be interesting is to see how many of those folks that signed up are ready to move forward with the upgrade purchase. Often when it's time to put skin in the game things change.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,094 of 5,796
They def should keep it so at least the first 40 would get the upgrade since that's what was on the announcement. Many people including me stayed up really late for it. 

Edit: Hmm actually "we will commit to this pricing for the first 40 upgrades" So not necessarily the first 40 to sign lol.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,095 of 5,796
So they are only doing 40 of these upgrades? I signed up but probably not as fast as others so I guess I'd have to sell the C to buy the Flow? Seems kinda silly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back