MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 6, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #917 of 5,796
does the upgrade program last forever? I'm not confident that I'll be able to sign up before the 40 current upgrade slot is used up.

btw, does the new earpad and new grill make an impact to the sound?   I notice that the pads on ether flow is angled.
meaning that if I do the 350 upgrade the upgrade potential might not be optimum, since ether's pad is flat, so it will differ from the original ether flow design.

Nothing lasts forever... :) We have to verify the upgrades are reliable and to the standard of new product and that we don't loose money doing them.

Good point on ETHER pads, silly of me to not address that. I have to think about that...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 7, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #919 of 5,796
Hi Dan,

Quick question that might be very relevant for the people who want to upgrade but live outside of the US. In the list of upgrade details the following is mentioned:

-Certificate of authenticity and SN registry entry

Does the upgraded headphone keep its original (Ether "non flow") SN of does it get a new SN? I am asking because I checked with the local customs office and they will check when its returned if the SN is the same. If so it will be regarded as a repair and I will only get taxed for the upgrade/repair costs. If it is not, I will get charged the import tax for the full amount of the Ether Flow. Another option would be that on the Certificate of authenticity or the (included copy of) invoice is expllicitly stated both the old and the new SN and that one replaces the other.

Could you comment on the SN's before/after the upgrade?

Scanspeakman

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #920 of 5,796
mrspeakers
I spoke to the lovely Mark Dolbear friday. www.electromod.co.uk
I was hoping he would do the Mods but found out he and yourself were looking at reduced shipping. I am not sure of the emphasis on these 40 slots :slot_machine:.
Is it worth us Brits waiting for you and Mark to come to an arrangement on shipping for Mods to the US.
It might free up some spaces we dont have to fight for...
Marks on holiday now and wont be down for the CanJam.. Me neither..:persevere: would have been nice to say hello...:hugging:

kind regards
Dave

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #922 of 5,796
Aug 7, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #924 of 5,796
Listening to Random Access Memories tonight. Ether Flow bass is just a pleasure.
One of my favorites Just saw Isle of Wight festival on MTV and Pherrel Williams did Get Lucky it was pretty good.

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #927 of 5,796
Nothing lasts forever... :) We have to verify the upgrades are reliable and to the standard of new product and that we don't loose money doing them.

Good point on ETHER pads, silly of me to not address that. I have to think about that...

Maybe just add in the cost of the new pads? That's what I was wanting to do in the first place, basic upgrade and purchase new pads.

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #930 of 5,796
C'mon Dan... When can us dealers join in the Flow fun? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back