MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Dec 14, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #5,417 of 5,796
The switch is reversible, but once you reverse it the paper won't adhere and you need a new kit.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 16, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #5,419 of 5,796
I have been listening with the 1.1 tuning kit on my EFOs since it came out. On my Liquid Platinum the black foam / white felt which seems to be the popular pairing compresses the soundstage a bit too much for my taste. It does seem to be the warmest option, but it also seems to localize the sound in the middle of my head the most. After trying all of the various configurations I find the black felt to be a happy medium for my ears. I find it gives more warmth / weight than the black foam (or no damping), but still gives the "out of head" soundstaging I enjoy. I do agree with Dan that the white felt helps to tame lesser / portable upstream gear like my Geek Out. Obviously it comes down to personal preference, but the black felt is what seems to work the best for me on my "good" rig.

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #5,422 of 5,796
Trust me.. I have tried the 650 on equipment that had more than enough power to drive them.. the bass regardless was bloated and slow. If you love the 650 so much, please go back to the 650 thread and spread your misinformation there.. I am sure it will make more than a few people feel better about thier purchase (ignorance it bliss and all)

Umm, yeah. I like the 600 more than 650 (much faster bass, not thick in the upper bass, highs more in balance) if you are talking budget Senn's. The 600 is much closer to being a reference in terms of frequency response.

But comparing the 650 to the Ether Flow C? Nah. For cans that have been around a long time - the HFM HE-500 with a couple of mods is a better can than those Senns. The HE-6 is better IMO than the Ethers if you are looking for alternates a that price. The new Arya which i have not heard is another possible choice.

Jan 1, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #5,423 of 5,796
I have just upgraded my Ether Flow Cs to the 1.1 version replacing the sticked foam+felts by the paper decal and vent tuning stickers. DEFINITELY a step ahead regarding clarity (definition) and scene (soundstage). The EFCs now are not that laid-back//neutral as they have been until now. Perhaps the lower bass has lost a bit of rumble but everything seems to have been forwarded a bit into the brighter part of the sonic spectrum. I would as well, define the sound being now more 3-Dimensional.

Congrats Dan for the simple though really improving developed kit. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #5,426 of 5,796
Agree. I have the ether flow open with the new firm ear cushions and I also have a audeze lcd2. Both sound great. the ether are more comfortable. the lcd2 are a bit tight for long listening sessions.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #5,427 of 5,796
Can someone comment on the comfort for long listening sessions? I'm worried about them being too sealed and making my ears sweat.
Wear mine in the office literally all day, no issues.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #5,428 of 5,796
Can someone comment on the comfort for long listening sessions? I'm worried about them being too sealed and making my ears sweat.
Ether C user here. No sweat after three hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back