MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Dec 31, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #3,332 of 5,796
are you surprised so many people have good taste, or surprised so many people have $1800?

Considering the excellent reviews I keep on reading since July I actually thought they would have sold even more by now! Despite the premium price.

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #3,333 of 5,796
I'm sure there could have been quite a few in the same production run as your's so maybe they are at over 600 now, which is actually quite a bit considering there have been upgrades as well.

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #3,336 of 5,796
And keep in mind that the Kimber Kable are only copper,but the build and sound was fantastic but that price is high, I want to know why :grin:
Moon Audio Silver V3 cable is half price.

I'm also interested in this matter!
Has anyone really test the DUM cable against any other upgrade option? Can you tell the difference?

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #3,337 of 5,796
Has anyone really test the DUM cable against any other upgrade option? Can you tell the difference?

I'm also intersted in this as well, most ether owner has the norne cable I think, but I have no idea about other cables.
I want smoother highs and more forward mids, but if the difference is only subtle, I wouldn't want to spend much money on cables.

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #3,338 of 5,796

I'm also intersted in this as well, most ether owner has the norne cable I think, but I have no idea about other cables.
I want smoother highs and more forward mids, but if the difference is only subtle, I wouldn't want to spend much money on cables.

I was curious too!  I can't really give you clear comparisons, because I purchased a Norne SolvX adapter to try out a couple of Audeze cables I still owned, a DHC Complement4 and a Toxic Cables SW22.  Because I used a different type adapter, I can't speak to specific SQ characteristics for those cables.  I can tell you that I perceived subtle differences in the tonality of the Flows with the different setups. The SW22 had a tighter bass and enhanced the upper end, probably too much for me with the Flows.  The Complement4 gives me a better overall balance and may slightly improve the dynamics and detail over the DUM cable.  Differences are subtle, and as so many others have said, cables are really a final touch to the aesthetics and SQ of your system.  Greater changes will be achieved with changes in your source, DAC's, or amps.  I'm still using the Complement4 with the SolvX adapter, and still can't yet justify spending the high prices of some of these cables to upgrade.  Probably won't until I find something interesting in the classifieds.  I think the DUM cable very good cable, although even the new version is still a little bit stiff for my taste.  My 2 cents!

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #3,339 of 5,796
Thanks.
In the meantime I can't stop listening, the Hugo/Liquid Carbon/C Flow trio sounds to me simply spectacular!
Things sound simply as I think they should and they are so enjoyable.

Now more than ever I can't understand Tyll's review on inner fidelity. Really, I'm not sure if it's the amp but I really can't match some of his complaints with what I'm hearing.

Anyhow, any specific hint for a healthy burn-in? Can i just listen to them? 
beyersmile.png

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #3,340 of 5,796
  Thanks.
In the meantime I can't stop listening, the Hugo/Liquid Carbon/C Flow trio sounds to me simply spectacular!
Things sound simply as I think they should and they are so enjoyable.

Now more than ever I can't understand Tyll's review on inner fidelity. Really, I'm not sure if it's the amp but I really can't match some of his complaints with what I'm hearing.

Anyhow, any specific hint for a healthy burn-in? Can i just listen to them? 
beyersmile.png

Just listen and enjoy!

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #3,342 of 5,796
I do like my Ether C, but I really enjoy me new Ether C Flow

oh "Red - Right, Return; Left, Leaving.” Keep the red buoys on your right when returning and on your left when leaving. And, if the numbers are going up, you are returning".

Jan 1, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #3,343 of 5,796
Still, nobody with Ether C Flow owns a Kimber Axios Kable ?

Only the really well to do can afford something like that, yikes, for a cable?

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,345 of 5,796
I am sure that many can afford and bought it already that copper Kimber Kable. Wait till you see the price of the pure silver Kimber Kable:grin:

That is what I was talking about, the stupidly expensive silver cable.

edited: deleted statement that could go OT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back