MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Dec 29, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #3,271 of 5,796
I wouldn't characterize the C flows as leaning towards bright. The regulars C's yes, but not the flows. I'm listening to the new Run the Jewels 3 album and it sounds amazing on the C flows. Very smooth/lush with some deep, fast bass that really showcases what these things can do.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #3,272 of 5,796
I wouldn't characterize the C flows as leaning towards bright. The regulars C's yes, but not the flows. I'm listening to the new Run the Jewels 3 album and it sounds amazing on the C flows. Very smooth/lush with some deep, fast bass that really showcases what these things can do.

I was saying that as the OP preferred the T5P, and all Beyer's are leaning toward bright as a house sound/philosophy and the fact that many who spend time with the Z1R don't consider it dark. With those considerations I was guessing the OP might like brighter signatures by default and hence a quick listen to a non-brightish signature might make it seem dark. Just educated guessing, not really specific to the Flow C.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #3,273 of 5,796
Not really, I take it you tend to prefer headphones that lean more toward bright sounding as opposed to dark?

Actually I always thought the opposite.
I owned HD650, HEX V1 and V2, Meze 99 Classics headphones. Also SE846, K3003 IEMs.
Maybe my taste somehow evolved to a more neutral signature but for sure not bright.
I hate piercing highs and sbilance but I also learned to dislike muddy and exaggerated bass.
That's why I'm so surprised that the Sonys sound so off the mark!

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #3,274 of 5,796
Actually I always thought the opposite.
I owned HD650, HEX V1 and V2, Meze 99 Classics headphones. Also SE846, K3003 IEMs.
Maybe my taste somehow evolved to a more neutral signature but for sure not bright.
I hate piercing highs and sbilance but I also learned to dislike muddy and exaggerated bass.
That's why I'm so surprised that the Sonys sound so off the mark!

Cool. I'm not sure what to say, a lot of pretty experienced ears are really enjoying the Z1R and none are calling them dark, and almost nobody has found the bass muddy and off the mark so I can only chalk this up to a preference difference. I don't know yet as my Z1R hasn't arrived. If it doesn't work for me the Ether C Flow will be my next choice, and it was a close call to start with as I have heard neither. I'll let you know if I hear the Z1R as you do. Cheers.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #3,275 of 5,796
Cool. I'm not sure what to say, a lot of pretty experienced ears are really enjoying the Z1R and none are calling them dark, and almost nobody has found the bass muddy and off the mark so I can only chalk this up to a preference difference. I don't know yet as my Z1R hasn't arrived. If it doesn't work for me the Ether C Flow will be my next choice, and it was a close call to start with as I have heard neither. I'll let you know if I hear the Z1R as you do. Cheers.

Maybe muddy is unfair to the Z1R, let's say congested, somewhat overdoing.
Anyhow I'm no expert nor fine eared audiophile so please yes, let me know your impressions when you get them! Cheers

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #3,276 of 5,796
And there we go guys, after the first audition I described above I resisted exactly 24 hours then I went back to the shop and got myself a brand new pair of Ether C Flow...
The T5p 2.gen from amazon are going back...

For twice the price of the Beyerdynamics I am not sure it was a wise move, but as someone said on this forum you are either wise or an audiophile...

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #3,277 of 5,796
I too agree with Ableza.  Sure there might be other more 'price-friendly' options out there but when I'm in a quiet environment and want a more fuller sound than from my CIEMs, I'll take the so called 'compromises' of closed cans any day; IMHO, the Ether C Flows are a great compromise of closed cans with the open and spacious sound of open cans. 

[COLOR=545454]'Suum Cuique'[/COLOR]

I believe he saw the err in his way hence the retraction.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #3,278 of 5,796
Ok maybe this is a dumb question but are the Ether C Flows foldable or compactable to be put into a messenger bag?

For example,

How do you guys normally carry your Ethers around if you commute light everyday?

(Can't wait, I'm getting the C Flows with a Mojo next month with my paycheck 
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #3,279 of 5,796
  Ok maybe this is a dumb question but are the Ether C Flows foldable or compactable to be put into a messenger bag?

For example,

How do you guys normally carry your Ethers around if you commute light everyday?

(Can't wait, I'm getting the C Flows with a Mojo next month with my paycheck 
smily_headphones1.gif
)

No it's not foldable.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #3,280 of 5,796

For example,

(Can't wait, I'm getting the C Flows with a Mojo next month with my paycheck :) )

You get a very sturdy case to protect them while not in use so don't worry.
They will be absolutely safe in the carrying case.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,282 of 5,796
  My new C Flows just joined their new friends sMS-200, Hugo and Liquid Carbon 2.

Am I enjoying it? O. M. G.

Awesome rig, I hate you!

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,284 of 5,796
  LOL! No please don't make me feel even worst, I already started feeling the shame after hiding my first box...

You did the right thing, never ask for permission, they always say no, better to ask for forgiveness. The LC 2 is supposed to be amazing and driving the C Flow with that should be insane. Lucky dog.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #3,285 of 5,796
ETHER C Flow just won another award, Best Closed Headphone http://headfonics.com/2016/12/our-top-gear-for-2016/

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back