1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
Next

Last
  1. cj3209

Makes me want to check out a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x...

2. Sonic Defender Contributor
    If one keeps an open mind and tries to ignore price tag, the M50X is a pretty solid sound signature. Certainly not without issues, and I'm sure some people don't like them at all, but yes, you should give them a listen. They may surprise you.

3. heliosphann

I don't have an issue with Tyll liking the m50x's at all. Think they're a solid headphone at that price point. I'm also well versed in diminishing returns to get that "x" amount of extra percentage out of higher end gear. But the m50x's being 5% less than the Ether Flow C just blows me away. Its sounds like something Zeos would say, and he HATES the m50x's with a passion. Not only that, but he recently said he might purchase a Flow C because he likes it so much. What is going on?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] 

4. Delayeed
    Tyll Audio Technica shill confirmed :p jk...

I don't get it either. Percentages are extremely vague when comparing headphones since there is no real reference. 10$ china earbuds can be "95% there" just because they make sound... then there is people who claim "night and day" difference in cables. Point is it's mostly useless to describe something just being x amount better than something else. There has to be more information there. "Opens up soundstage, tighter bass" Then the comparison actually starts to matter.The best way as always is obviously to listen to the headphones (and your wallet) yourself and choose based on that. [​IMG]

5. heliosphann
    Very true. I was just telling the same thing to someone asking for advice on headphones on another online forum. Everyone hears different, so test them yourself if you can!

Overall it was just a strange video review from Tyll. Seemed to be all over the place. Maybe his beard is starting to affect his ears. lol

6. mrspeakers Contributor
    Hi!  It's the end of the year, and awards have started rolling in.  Thought I'd share these...

1. ETHER C Flow received a "Best Closed Headphone" award from Headphone.guru
    2. ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow both won Gold Medals at the Fall FUJIYA-Avic Autumn Tokyo Headphone Show in the over 200,000Yen category
    3. ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow both received a Bronze in the "Grand Prix" for the FUJIYA-Avic Autumn Show (best of show)
    4. ETHER Flow picked up headphone of the year from HiFi+ magazine
    5. ETHER C Flow received a Stuff We Like from Innerfidelity

If any other end of year awards pop up we'll share.  

H-GuruProductoftheYearCFlow.png HiFi2016OpenHeadphoneAward.png    Image.jpg        stuffwelike100x100.jpg
    [​IMG] 

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    heliosphann and Docterror like this.
  7. kellte2

Much deserved!

8. gelocks
    Well... I can say that I didn't really like the M50s at all when I tried it years ago and in fact I preferred Shure offerings (SRH440/SRH940 at the time). And to me, none of those approach the same level the Ether Flow Cs do... now, might he prefer a less up-front sound (especially the highs/mids-high transition)? Possibly. But NO QUESTIONS, Ether provides better imaging, wider stage, controlled bass and actual decent sounding mids... that's not taking into consideration the comfort and kick-ass looks. They might be a little over-priced, but what headphone isn't?!? I mentioned on another board that both the Z1R and Ether C Flows might be overpriced but in my opinion, they are the best closed-back headphones out there at the moment.

Middy likes this.
  9. casper3127
    Just a small question regarding the AH-D7000 and the Ether Flows C... Could anyone compare these two great cans? I actually own the Denons and was thinking about the new Ether ones...

Thx in advance.

Enviado desde mi H1

10. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I owned the D7000 years back. Just curious what aspect of the sound you would improve upon if you could?

11. synapse09
    New guy here, wondering if the C Flow will benefit greatly from going with a balanced cable? Looking up various transportable DAC/Amps to upgrade to, should I look into balanced? (Which means I'll have to pick up a balanced cable as well)

12. MattTCG

Welcome to HF!! My favorite DAP is the qp1r by Questyle for both Ethers. Balanced cables will certainly yield benefits but are not mandatory. What kind of budget are you talking about?

13. Cagin
    Couldn't find the impedance and sensitivity on the mrspeakers.com product page or on the Page1 of this thread. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
    I'm growing more curious about potential Ether C Flow + WM1Z/1A pairing hehe

14. synapse09
    Thanks for the welcome!

As for DAC+Amp budget, I'm currently eyeing the iFi micro idsd and Chord Mojo, but neither of those are balanced, so I guess you can say $500-600 range maybe more if balanced will yield worthwhile benefits. Any recommendations on dac/amp for the Ether C Flow's?

15. buke9
    I think they are all very close the Ether C is 22 ohm and 92 db .

First

Back
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
Next

Last