1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last
  1. doraymon
    Has anyone here tried the C Flow straight out of a Chord Hugo and compared with the addition of an amp?

2. jlbrach
    the Flow doesnt need an amp it is very efficient but certainly if there is an amp you like that adds a pleasing sound to it then by all means go for it..personally if possible i would rather go straight from the Hugo or any other source ip possible..that said i do own portable amps for hard to drive cans when I am on the go

3. Middy
    How long does the upgrade take? It's painfull missing my baby....

4. MrSpeakersPeter
    I'm hoping to have the next batch done by Christmas. We are still waiting for some distributors to get their upgrades in to us before we start on them.

5. Middy
    Oh no.... NP just missing them...
    Just grateful to you Dan and Old Mark Dolbear for doing this.. really appreciated for doing this for me...
    But if you can have them in the post before Trump does anything silly... IE before friday that would be great:smiley:.

Thanks for replying and good luck as always

Dave

6. doraymon
    I'm waiting mine to be shipped since 15 days now.
    Is the general shortage due to an unexpected sales success?

7. mrspeakers Contributor

Please clarify what you are waiting for?  Our website says 2-3 week lead time for Flow orders. Right now it's closer to 3 weeks for new product, demand has been very high.

If it was for an upgrade we got a big lot of headphones from Hong Kong today, so it's going to be ~3 weeks to turn the upgrades around (we have thanksgiving coming up).  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
  8. doraymon
    C Flow but from one of your distributors not your site.
    And my friend, I'm not complaining here, just curious as I see a lot of comments of people who can't wait so I assume the demand has been above your expectations which is a good thing!

9. mrspeakers Contributor

Yes, the Hong Kong distributor's upgrades just arrived today, so that's the one!  Thanks for the patience, and hope you'll enjoy the upgrade!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

10. Rhadamanthys

Any news on the upgrades for German distributors? Is it still gonna happen?

11. mrspeakers Contributor

They sent us a few, I'm not sure if they plan to do more.  You might want to contact them directly to check.  

12. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I'm confused about the Ether C Flow, it seems to be somewhat polarizing. I have found other sites that really aren't that kind to it showing issues with the port tuning screw and in general not really seeming to feel the headphone warrants the price. Here, while there are some variation in opinion, most seem to really like the C Flow. One big concern I have is bass performance, while I like clean and detailed bass with control, I also greatly respond to impact. There has been a much reported Null around 100Hz which for certain will have some impact on the perception of impact. Does anybody here who considers themselves to be like me, a moderate bass head have any thoughts on their experience with the Ether C Flow? I like to listen to a wide variety of music, but quite a bit of what I like is electronica so I'm not as focused on bass as assessed with say small scale jazz ensembles and certainly not classical music. Thanks, I am debating the C Flow or the new Sony Z1R which seems to be closer to what I prefer tuning wise.

13. MattTCG

There is a 15 day return policy for the Ethers. [​IMG]  IMHO Sony hasn't made a good totl product since r10, seriously. z7 is a fart cannon. z7 with mods will likely be pretty close to the z1r for a lot less money. 

14. Sonic Defender Contributor
    How much time did you have with the Z1R, and under what conditions? I agree the Z7 was rather disappointing.

15. bytor33

I'm a mild bass head and listen to a fair bit of electronic music. I find the amount of impact to be about perfect for myself driving them with the Mojo. I'm still curious to give the Z1R's a try sometime though.

What is the problem with the port tuning screw you're referring to?

First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last