MrSpeakers Ether CX - $899 from Massdrop
Sep 24, 2018 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 744

Jodet

1000+ Head-Fier
Interesting:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdr...cx-closed-headphones?mode=guest_open#overview

This is the original 'Ether C Closed' not the 'Ether Flow Closed'. Minor tuning adjustments are said to be in the works, I'm not expecting anything major in that department.

Aren't there people who preferred the original 'Ether Closed' to the Flow versions?

Any comments welcome.

This is very tempting....

MyJzvepCQBeqAMzLnca3_AI7B7319-copy-banner_black.jpg

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 744
Me too, I'd pop for a pair of the opens in a New York Minute.

I suspect they're clearing out parts inventory for the old model 'C's.

My thoughts exactly, the only difference between the Ether Flow C and Ether C is the weave pattern of the cups, may as well get rid of them if you can.
The Ether open VS Ether Flow open is just the change in the ring color, and since Dan was offering an upgrade I'm sure he just rebuilt all the old Ether's with the Flow parts and changed the ring.
Thats what I would do

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 744
My thoughts exactly, the only difference between the Ether Flow C and Ether C is the weave pattern of the cups, may as well get rid of them if you can.
The Ether open VS Ether Flow open is just the change in the ring color, and since Dan was offering an upgrade I'm sure he just rebuilt all the old Ether's with the Flow parts and changed the ring.
Thats what I would do

And that baffle design on the Flow model allowed for a much deeper bass response...

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 744
Thats what I would do

And that baffle design on the Flow model allowed for a much deeper bass response...

The Flows also had the thicker angled ear pads.

Sep 25, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #8 of 744
I love how these look... but I’m wondering how they sound. Dan said on MD that they have smoothed out the frequencies and there is a small boost in the bass.

I haven’t been able to hear any of the MrSpeakers line up at all... so I have no clue on his house sound. From the older reviews on the original C there is mixed reviews on the sound signature.

Hmmm... tempted... but not sure...

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #10 of 744
I'm interested in this one too. What's your guys' thoughts on this vs Focal Clear vs Hifiman Ananda? I can get all three about the same price (Clear $100 more). I know this one is closed and the other two are open. But, I'm just looking for a thousand dollar range at the moment.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #13 of 744
I'm interested in this one too. What's your guys' thoughts on this vs Focal Clear vs Hifiman Ananda? I can get all three about the same price (Clear $100 more). I know this one is closed and the other two are open. But, I'm just looking for a thousand dollar range at the moment.
You want a like new emerald green th900? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back