MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Feb 5, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #4,741 of 4,813
Big question to me is ether C vs Aeon. Anyone?

I like the Aeon a LOT more than Ether C. It just feels more musical to me. Better soundstage, resolution and yes, warmer.

Which probably means you'll like Ether C better if you prefer it to the Flow!

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #4,742 of 4,813
I like the Aeon a LOT more than Ether C. It just feels more musical to me. Better soundstage, resolution and yes, warmer.

Which probably means you'll like Ether C better if you prefer it to the Flow!

Really the resolution and soundstage on Aeon is better than the ether C 1.1? Thought that would be the two area where ether supposedly still reign supreme

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #4,743 of 4,813
For any Canadians (only ships within Canada) that would want the original ETHER C with a 3.5mm terminated DUM cable, Headphonebar has them for $800 CAD dollars off for a new pair right now, free shipping. An absolute bargain if you ask me.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #4,744 of 4,813
For any Canadians (only ships within Canada) that would want the original ETHER C with a 3.5mm terminated DUM cable, Headphonebar has them for $800 CAD dollars off for a new pair right now, free shipping. An absolute bargain if you ask me.

I actually just saw that! Going to go in store and audition them tomorrow along with the Elear.

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #4,745 of 4,813

The site seems to show the EC1.1's at $1199 CAD?

http://www.headphonebar.com/mr-speakers-ether-c/

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #4,746 of 4,813
I have the Ether C's 1.1 and playing with the different pads to bring out the bass a bit more without going the C Flow route. Guess I'll be spending some trial and error this weekend. I do love the clarity of the mids and vocals. Sound stage is amazing as well for this closed set.

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #4,747 of 4,813

The site seems to show the EC1.1's at $1199 CAD?

http://www.headphonebar.com/mr-speakers-ether-c/

Yup, a discount of $800 CAD. :wink_face:

Actually, even more because less taxes are paid.....

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #4,748 of 4,813
Yup, a discount of $800 CAD. :wink_face:

Aha, missed that one critical word. :wink:

$800 CAD would have been amazing!

Cheers

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #4,749 of 4,813
Yup, a discount of $800 CAD.
wink_face.gif

aka discount of 300$ because Ether C is 1500$ but they marked it as if it was 2000$ before which it never was.

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #4,750 of 4,813
  aka discount of 300$ because Ether C is 1500$ but they marked it as if it was 2000$ before which it never was.

It's $800+ Canadian dollars, which is different from US dollars, so both of you right

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #4,751 of 4,813

Not every country has the same currency as the U.S. :rolleyes:

Their currency conversion is spot on. It normally costs about $2000 Canadian dollars (plus tax) whether you purchase directly from MrSpeakers, or from the dealer I mentioned. I thought I was very specific it was only for Canadians. :rolleyes:

Jeez......

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #4,752 of 4,813
So is the resale value of the Ether C 1.1 dead now, due to the Aeon? There are two unsold in the classified forum for $950. Depressing.
That said, I still really like mine

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #4,753 of 4,813
  So is the resale value of the Ether C 1.1 dead now, due to the Aeon? There are two unsold in the classified forum for $950. Depressing.

Very depressing indeed. I just picked up my Ehter C 1.1's in August last year just before the Flows were announced and now the re-sale value has dropped even further with the Aeons. Was thinking about getting the Ether Flows but reluctant to buy another Mr Speakers product, even though I really like the sound and totally respect the innovation. It seems that the diminishing returns is severe on all Mr Speakers headphones due to the constant/quick release cycle of new headphones. Shame really, especially when they are an expensive investment. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #4,754 of 4,813

Very depressing indeed. I just picked up my Ehter C 1.1's in August last year just before the Flows were announced and now the re-sale value has dropped even further with the Aeons. Was thinking about getting the Ether Flows but reluctant to buy another Mr Speakers product, even though I really like the sound and totally respect the innovation. It seems that the diminishing returns is severe on all Mr Speakers headphones due to the constant/quick release cycle of new headphones. Shame really, especially when they are an expensive investment. 

One option is to keep Ether C rather than selling it. Indeed, it sounds etherial. 
While they release new products in a rather quicker face than others, I respect their business decisions. It is a small company. In other to grow quickly in a next few years, it should sell their products in a larger scale at a reasonable price, rather than targeting a high-end market exclusively.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #4,755 of 4,813
Hi

I have seen a number of people trading in their Ether C for sub £900 ( in UK) and then purchasing the Ether C flow. This baffles me because this is costing them around £800 compared to an upgrade cost of around £300. I can only assume then that this is just a lack of patience becasue it can take some time to get the upgrade done.

Dan Clark has presented a fair and reasonable upgrade path to Ether C owners, that costs no more than the purchase price of the Ether C flow when you combine Ether C price plus upgrade.

I think this is all he can do to move his company on and still keep his existing customers happy. I for one am happy with the deal ( i have my upgrade back) and enjoy seeing the evolution in technology happening in Mrspeakers and the headphone world in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back