MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Mar 17, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #3,032 of 4,813
Mar 17, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,034 of 4,813

I've seen drops with limited quantity, say 10, with a savings of $100 per item. That's certainly within the realm of possibility. 

One would wonder why he would want to do a massdrop when he's been selling them for full price non-stop since they were announced last year...

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #3,035 of 4,813
  One would wonder why he would want to do a massdrop when he's been selling them for full price non-stop since they were announced last year...

Exactly, no advantages to smaller companies like Mr. Speakers and Cavalli doing a Massdrop because stock is always sold out.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #3,036 of 4,813

I've seen drops with limited quantity, say 10, with a savings of $100 per item. That's certainly within the realm of possibility. 

The time to do the drop is when inventory starts to pile up. As long as there's a waiting list, there is no good reason.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #3,037 of 4,813
Lol using these for gaming is like a waste of $1500.  Games all have such low quality sound, I swapped my cheap HDJ2000's for Ether's and there is barely any difference.  Yes, Ether's are a bit more detailed indeed but they are running on empty like a 500hp car idling in traffic.

Not to say that you can't use them for games, I just thought it was lols.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #3,038 of 4,813
  Lol using these for gaming is like a waste of $1500.  Games all have such low quality sound, I swapped my cheap HDJ2000's for Ether's and there is barely any difference.  Yes, Ether's are a bit more detailed indeed but they are running on empty like a 500hp car idling in traffic.

Well I don't think its for primary use more like 'I already have this might as well game with this' situation.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #3,041 of 4,813

The highlighted sentence is wrong.  I agree that many games have low quality sound but not ALL of them.  In addition, many people don't bother outputting digital audio to a real DAC and amp and assume that the sound sucks.  I've got mine running through my main rig since I moved and it makes a difference, believe me.  I also have a Mixamp and a Recon3D and they're acceptable... barely.

I'll be the first to say that nobody needs the Ether C to game.  In fact, I may have been when it was announced (feel free to search back to January)!  lol  But just because you don't NEED it, doesn't mean it's not a great gaming headphone.  And for the folks with the rigs to take advantage of the games that do have good sound, there are not many better gaming headphones.

And as a bonus, it's also amazeballs for music.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #3,043 of 4,813

The highlighted sentence is wrong.  I agree that many games have low quality sound but not ALL of them.  In addition, many people don't bother outputting digital audio to a real DAC and amp and assume that the sound sucks.  I've got mine running through my main rig since I moved and it makes a difference, believe me.  I also have a Mixamp and a Recon3D and they're acceptable... barely.

I'll be the first to say that nobody needs the Ether C to game.  In fact, I may have been when it was announced (feel free to search back to January)!  lol  But just because you don't NEED it, doesn't mean it's not a great gaming headphone.  And for the folks with the rigs to take advantage of the games that do have good sound, there are not many better gaming headphones.

And as a bonus, it's also amazeballs for music.

I have to second this. When my wife started playing online games with me I adapted my music server PC into a gaming PC for her, which meant the game sound was sent through the same sound chain (Gungnir MB->Mjolnir 2->Yamaha amp->Paradigm speakers) as my music is. The game sound is amazingly glorious when you do that, FYI. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, all of them have pretty darned good soundtracks and the sound chain pulls out nuances my sad little computer speakers never picked up.

Oh, and using the Ethers when gaming alone is pretty amazing, too. Highly recommended if you already have a pair.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #3,045 of 4,813
I can second that with Audeze.  I briefly had a set of EL-8's for 6 months before the right ear stopped working for no reason.  Returned them back and got the Ether.  It's amazing how something that was designed by a ton of people at BMW is actually a lot worse than something designed by one man.

Audeze's customer service was very slow, but luckily they were polite enough to give a full refund.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back