MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jul 25, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #4,546 of 4,813
Yes, we have heard the feedback that cost is a concern and suggestions that a certificate and a registered SN list for updates will suffice for many so we will offer a functional (full driver replacement) and a total (can't tell them apart except silver screws on original ETHER headphones we won't convert the silver bolts to the bronze ones) at a higher cost.

There's been a lot of speculation but I want to be clear the upgrade requires us to remove and replace the entire original driver assembly which then have to be re-matched so it's a very complicated process.  Also the driver parts can not be re-used as opening the headphone driver is very likely to cause damage to the original drivers.  

Thanks for the update!! Just waiting for the upgrade details.. will most likely take advantage of it! I do think I want to keep my original cups though :)

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #4,547 of 4,813
Hi Dan, can Ether C be upgraded to Ether Flow (open), considering the whole cup and drivers are to be changed?

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #4,548 of 4,813
Hi Dan, can Ether C be upgraded to Ether Flow (open), considering the whole cup and drivers are to be changed?
Good question never thought of that.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #4,552 of 4,813
  We are still working out all of the details for the upgrades. Please be patient, details should be released in full by Friday. 

Thanks.

It almost makes one wonder whether or not reselling the old unit as "refurbished" and then getting a new unit would be a more cost effective way of doing the "full upgrade".

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #4,554 of 4,813
Heartbroken I can't make Can Jam London this year, really wanted to check out the Flow

Jul 26, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #4,555 of 4,813
  Heartbroken I can't make Can Jam London this year, really wanted to check out the Flow

Bummer, because I was counting on clubbing in London with you!  
beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 26, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #4,556 of 4,813

Bummer, because I was counting on clubbing in London with you!  
beerchug.gif

Blame greedy agents man, I'd marked off the date way back in January as a priority and they just kept coming with work!

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #4,557 of 4,813
I'm about to start the pad tour, which includes a ZMF cowhide, a brainwavz hybrid, and a brainwavz velour angled. If you would like to be on the tour, please PM me.

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #4,558 of 4,813

Yes, we have heard the feedback that cost is a concern and suggestions that a certificate and a registered SN list for updates will suffice for many so we will offer a functional (full driver replacement)...

Bought my Ether C directly from you at a show (the recent NY Head-Fi meetup). I have the box but I don't recall getting a registration card or certificate. Should I be concerned?

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #4,559 of 4,813

Bought my Ether C directly from you at a show (the recent NY Head-Fi meetup). I have the box but I don't recall getting a registration card or certificate. Should I be concerned?

I am pretty sure what mrspeakers was saying, is that there will be a certificate and registration for headphones that have been upgraded “but didn’t get the cups changed out”.. Since these headphones will not have an external visual difference from the none flow version, this cert and registration will help verify that they are the newer (flow) versions for both resale and service.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back