MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Feb 29, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #2,671 of 4,813
Customer service is more than just fixing broken headphones. It's being engaged and involved with the community you serve as well.

I've personally not had any problems with a Mr. Speakers headphone ever breaking, and I've owned Alpha Dogs and Ether C's.

You can clearly see how involved Dan is in this thread, and the fact that he continually offers upgrades to headphones you've already bought (tuning pads & tuning kit for example) and is transparent about the changes that are made as well as offering the upgrade for free or minimum cost.

Compare that with the Audeze thread for example where they aren't so involved and changes are constantly made without any communication with the community.

Not to mention the fact that their headphones cost 2 to 3 times as much and seem to have an issue breaking that they seem to want to ignore. I myself had a broken LCD-3 that I sent back to them for repair and received it back a month later STILL BROKEN. So I've seen both ends of the spectrum as far as customer service goes and I don't think there's better in this business than Mr. Speakers.

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #2,672 of 4,813
  In an ideal world you would never need customer service. 

Also in an ideal world I would be seven feet tall, the king of a tropical island and shoot lasers from my eyes 
smile.gif

Customer service is more than just fixing broken headphones. It's being engaged and involved with the community you serve as well.

+1

Have had a number interactions with Dan, none of which involved a defective product.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2,674 of 4,813
... I sent back to them for repair and received it back a month later STILL BROKEN. ...

That's not good.

I can say something about Sennheiser service. I blew up a tube amp and damaged my pair of HD800 (or so I thought). Anyway, Sennheiser don't have a local service facility in New Zealand - so they put me onto their local representatives. They were great to deal with and after a lot of testing they couldn't find a fault with the headphones. Turned out the damage was to my right ear (temporary - fine now). The point is that they returned the headphones for no charge - not even a bill for labour which I would have been happy to pay.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #2,675 of 4,813

+1, best customer service in the biz (and I've owned Audeze's, HiFiMan's, Sennheiser's, Grado's, Oppo's, etc, etc) and Mr. Speakers (or Dan as I like to call the company :) is the best.

I'm a bit puzzled why people keep saying this as if it's a compliment. In an ideal world you would never need customer service. I have no idea how good or bad Sennheiser customer service is, for example, even after buying 5 of their headphones, because I've simply never had a problem. This isn't an attack on Mr Speakers at all, who does seem to offer industry-leading levels of customer service according to feedback here, but I would rather not need the service in the first place.

Why is it puzzling?  It seems pretty straight forward.  Customer service takes many forms, such as availability to answer questions, offer advise, explain tunings, taking feedback, and just generally being involved with the customer base.  Customer service is not limited to the solving of problems.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #2,676 of 4,813
.. Not to mention the fact that their headphones cost 2 to 3 times as much ..

LCD-2's is about 1199,- Eur in Europe, I've seen it cheaper too. (around 920,-)
LCD-3's is about 1999,- Eur in Europe, as well seen cheaper too (around 1620,-)

That is less or same as the Ether's and not, 2-3 times as much. Just correcting you here.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #2,677 of 4,813
LCD-2's is about 1199,- Eur in Europe, I've seen it cheaper too. (around 920,-)
LCD-3's is about 1999,- Eur in Europe, as well seen cheaper too (around 1620,-)

That is less or same as the Ether's and not, 2-3 times as much. Just correcting you here.

And the LCD-4 is 4K whereas Mr. Speakers most expensive headphone is 1.5k, so yes almost 3 times as much.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,678 of 4,813

Why is it puzzling?  It seems pretty straight forward.  Customer service takes many forms, such as availability to answer questions, offer advise, explain tunings, taking feedback, and just generally being involved with the customer base.  Customer service is not limited to the solving of problems.

Exactly. Plus, this is Head-Fi... Not like its Best Buy. We are enthusiasts. Great example is how I just bought a new BMW and being both an engineer and enthusiast, I generally go in knowing how the car was built, designed, etc... Asking a client advisor, or even a service advisor about specific technical info, you often get that deer in the headlights look.

Point being, it is pretty cool being able to talk shop with the guy who designed and built something I am so passionate about. I have had tons of back and forth with Dan, and never once for something I was unhappy or dissatisfied about.

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #2,679 of 4,813
A little bit over 2 years later and maybe ~4500 hours of listen time with my Mrspeakers Alpha Dogs, I am extremely excited to buy the Ether C after I get back from US Navy bootcamp. Its so nice to read so many great things about this headphone which I plan to make it my end-game. Thank you for being such a wonderful company and giving sonic bliss to our ears 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #2,680 of 4,813

The large firms have economies of scale and purchasing power that make it difficult for the small boutiques to complete on price. I venture to say that Mr. Speaker would have a tough time surviving if it did not offer superior customer service, performance, and quality. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2,681 of 4,813
As I read this I'm listening to my Ether C and thinking, "chill out, enjoy the music!!"

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #2,682 of 4,813

The large firms have economies of scale and purchasing power that make it difficult for the small boutiques to complete on price. I venture to say that Mr. Speaker would have a tough time surviving if it did not offer superior customer service, performance, and quality. 

Maybe so.  But that's orthogonal to the question of superior customer service as a positive attribute itself.

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #2,683 of 4,813
And the LCD-4 is 4K whereas Mr. Speakers most expensive headphone is 1.5k, so yes almost 3 times as much.

You wrote "their headphones". That is inaccurate, as clearly your argument concerns only one single model of their entire line-up, and not all of their headphones, which is what you led the reader into believing.

Bashing a competitor company that without question produce some of the nicest headphones in the world, sheds bad light on you and this threat. Doing so with false statements is even worse. 

Also LCD-4 costs 3.6K in Europe and the Ether costs 1.75K, that is almost 2 times as much.

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #2,684 of 4,813
  A little bit over 2 years later and maybe ~4500 hours of listen time with my Mrspeakers Alpha Dogs, I am extremely excited to buy the Ether C after I get back from US Navy bootcamp. Its so nice to read so many great things about this headphone which I plan to make it my end-game. Thank you for being such a wonderful company and giving sonic bliss to our ears 
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah bootcamp. 34 years ago  next month I got out of bootcamp only spent six years in but it was an experience to say the least 5 years on a nuclear powered fast attack sub. Good luck with that and thanks. Yes you will love the C's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back