MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Jul 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #7,546 of 9,071
So, I want to start playing with the bass port. But before I do so, I just want to verify this...

The sticker in the box mentions that the right side is 5 turns and left side is 3 turns. Does that mean if I fully close the vent, and I do 5 turns on the right and 3 turns on the left, the headphones will be back at factory settings?

beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #7,547 of 9,071
What I'd suggest is only doing half turns at a time in any direction, and if you happen to leave it in a position - to write down exactly how many turns you made. Turning the screw fully shut can damage the internal part of the cup where the port is - likewise fully turning it out can stuff up the cups as well.

I only notice it to be a minor difference with my AD, so I don't usually use the screw.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #7,548 of 9,071
  What I'd suggest is only doing half turns at a time in any direction, and if you happen to leave it in a position - to write down exactly how many turns you made. Turning the screw fully shut can damage the internal part of the cup where the port is - likewise fully turning it out can stuff up the cups as well.

I only notice it to be a minor difference with my AD, so I don't usually use the screw.

I was just curious from which point the 3/5 count was made so I can always accurately recreate factory settings.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #7,549 of 9,071
So, I want to start playing with the bass port. But before I do so, I just want to verify this...

The sticker in the box mentions that the right side is 5 turns and left side is 3 turns. Does that mean if I fully close the vent, and I do 5 turns on the right and 3 turns on the left, the headphones will be back at factory settings?

:beerchug:

Yes. With 5 turns there probably isn't much range left though.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #7,551 of 9,071
If they're not the "Rocket Logo" Voskhod 6N23Ps then I wouldn't buy them.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #7,554 of 9,071
^^^Mine will arrive Saturday, tell me more, DAC, amp, music and details about how your AD's sound? Please

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #7,555 of 9,071
My right cup slider keeps falling down. I tried to tighten the screw but it is still slowly falling down, any other ways to fix this?

EDIT: Getting a part sent, problem is getting solved even it is small :D

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #7,556 of 9,071
  My right cup slider keeps falling down. I tried to tighten the screw but it is still slowly falling down, any other ways to fix this?

PM me and we'll sort it right out.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #7,557 of 9,071
Hello has anyone tried using a gungnir and Lyr 2 with their Alpha Dogs?

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #7,558 of 9,071
I wouldn't mind getting some input on this.
I'm a brand new owner of the Alpha Dogs of a pair purchased in April.
I find certain frequencies sound very rough while others are smooth.
Another issue I have is the sub bass is loose and not well defined =[
Anyone else feel the same way?

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #7,559 of 9,071

Not at all.

We may need to know more.  How is the seal?  And what is your associated equipment?  Lastly, what kind of music are you listening to?  Your description reminds me of some Black Metal I have listened to...

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #7,560 of 9,071

It could also be that the previous owner has messed with the bass-tuning. You should check that too. Otherwise, I don't know how you got that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back