1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602
604 605
Next

Last
  1. OSiRiSsk
    Well, I am not getting it yet .. they are being sold in my country, local audio community.
    What was the price when they were new? around 600?

I am still wondering to be honest, since T50rp MKIII with Brainwavz pads can be bought for ±200$ .

Are the alpha dogs so much better than the original Fostex mk3?

2. Nick-s-f

Hi.

I have been looking for opinions on some gear and would like to know..

Have you tried the Alpha Prime with the Magni 2 Uber..if so, do they pair well? I could'nt help but notice the gear in your sig.

3. Byronb
    Indeed they do. Depending on your preferences and the music you listen to it could be all you would ever need. 

4. apaar123
    How is its sound quality compared to Meze 99 and akg k712 pro? Is it different from them?

5. Takeanidea
    The Alpha Dogs are great in the mids. They are a huge upgrade from the originals. I preferred them to the Primes. Most agree that the Primes sound better. I have sold mine and got Audio Technica W1000Z headphones on the way. There is always an upgrade path

6. Takeanidea
    Meze 99s have much fuller bass and much thinner mids . 

7. apaar123
    so this means their sound signature is different?

8. apaar123
    How do they compare to he500?

9. Takeanidea
    It doesn't make sense to compare an open against a closed. Or does it? I think both are great. The 500 is probably slightly more refined bit you haven't got the privacy you get with the dogs

10. Ableza
    I think everyone should compare open VS closed headphones.  I thought I preferred open until I tried high quality closed, and now my open set sounds wrong.

11. dropadred
    Little bit too late, but...I am surprised how people miss the fact Alphas have adjustable ports, which directly affect the bass, so you can get just incredible amount of bass with Alphas.

12. Ableza
    I loved my Alpha Dogs, and the Alpha Primes even more.  Great sounding headphones.  But to me, the Ether C is better - and lighter.

13. omniweltall
    Guys, a question about the bass tuning. 

I turned the bass tune on both left and right phones equally (1 hour turn from stock position) to increase the bass. Then I look at the screw positions, I notice they are not equal between the left and right cups, left screw being more open than right. 

Now, I want to make sure both cups have the same bass tuning. Should the screw position be the same? Left cup screw position being more open meaning more bass than right cup, right?

Thanks

14. Ableza
    The tuning ports come from the factory tuned to the profile MrSpeakers determined to be his baseline, so they likely started in different positions.  This is normal.

15. omniweltall
    Thanks Ableza.

Then how do I get back to the stock position, if say I forget? There isn't any info on the leather band on my AD. 

First

Back
593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602
604 605
Next

Last