1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596
598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605
Next

Last
  1. GTMarauder46
    Got these bad boys yesterday, currently testing out which settings work best with my luxury & precission l5 pro. Seems like certain recordings sound low, while others sound damn good.

2. inthere

Give it about a week or 100 hours of burn in and those babies will sing like an angel

3. musiclvr
    Anymore impressions so far?:thinking:

4. inthere

Well, there are over 8000 posts in this thread alone, I'm sure there's something in there that'll give you an idea:)

5. musiclvr
    Quite right.....although I am looking for more impressions with the L&P i5 Pro + AD's pairing......

6. GTMarauder46
    Hey Musiclvr,

I haven't had the chance to actually listen to the setup without disruption for a long extended period of time. From my limited experience and not having an audiophile grade listening acumen - I'm hearing certain songs that the player seems to power the Dogs sufficiently ex. I have one DSD file that I have it at volume 46/60 and they sound great. Some FLAC or even MP3 recordings at 16bit/44.1khz sound much better than the same song at 24bit/96khz - I crank it up to over 52/60 to get the same sound. I hear some grain on the recordings, this could be due to the lack of quality of my sample recordings or also my lack of trained ears lol.

Overall - when I get a nice recording they sound great and powered well enough compared to say FLAC files out of my LG G3 or my brothers S6 phones (as expected). I don't have an amp to compare unfortunately. Bass is def nicer than my Oppo's and sound stage is less congested as well. I do enjoy both headphones very much :)

7. inthere
    Man, Alpha Dogs without an amp is hard living

8. musiclvr
    @GTMarauder46 Thank you kindly for your observations. It's nice to hear that the L5 can power the AD's too. I really am enjoying how linear the bass is served up with the AD's as it doesn't interfere with the lower mids but is really speedy when called upon.

9. stefanolandesca
    I wonder how do these compare against the hifiman he400i, esp in metal music.

10. mysticstryk

Would be interested in this as well. I keep going back and forth on whether I want a closed headphone and I love my 400i with metal.

Are these completely closed back or semi open?

11. Byronb
    They are completely closed. 

12. mysticstryk
    Thanks!

13. jthom320
    Ok so I have to ask in this thread.  I got a pair of Alpha Dogs yesterday.  Holy God.

I've listened to some good headphones before but I've never heard music quite this detailed before.  I'm not sure whether it's me having mostly listented to dynamics before and the ortho driver is just that good or the Alpha Dogs themselves.  These things get down reallllly low.  I love the bass response.  And not only that the midrange and treble stays well presented and it's not what I'd call warm at all.

But the special thing about them is the microdetail.  One of my favorite bands is the black keys and I've yet to find a headphone I thought their music sounded good on until these Alpha Dogs.  After I bought these I kept thinking that I may have just spent too much money on what is a modded 100 dollar headphone but man.  I'm like really impressed.  I think they actually resolve detail better then my HD 700s did.  

And they manage to do all this while also having a small but very holographic 3d like soundstage.  

What a shame these things are going to be discontinued.

14. mrspeakers Contributor

So glad you enjoy them!   It's a bittersweet thing for us to discontinue them, but we had to make the call between investing in ETHER and growing that side of the business or R&D to re-engineer the Fostex line, and it just didn't make much sense for us to do the latter.  

We just announced we're down to the last 17 Mad Dogs for sale, the Alphas are starting to get low, and probably this month we'll be posting the count-down to order, so this is a heads-up that the last-call is coming this month.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    reddog likes this.
  15. mrspeakers Contributor
    We are now sold out of Mad Dogs and Mad Dog Pros, the end is getting really close for Alphas.  

Last call!

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
First

Back
587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596
598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605
Next

Last