1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589
591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600
Next

Last
  1. sunneebear
    Match made in heaven.

2. Maelob
    cool thanks

3. headhog
    How long will the Alpha Dog be available?

4. JamesBr
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Awesome reviews! Good references for the future! Never thought of Reddit ....

5. Maelob
    Looks like LCD-2 is in the top based on your preferences

6. Ableza
    I just spent six hours with the music server on random enjoying my Alpha Primes powered by Schiit Lyr.  I swear these headphones blow away my $40K plus main 2-channel system.  Thank you MrSpeakers.

reddog and theblueprint like this.
  7. maheeinfy
    How do Alpha Prime compare to AD?

8. Ableza
    The Primes have better bass and more nuance in the high end.  They sound more detailed and spacious than AD.  I loved the Alpha Dogs, and was surprised that the Primes noticeably bested them.  They are my new reference headphones, putting my Fostex 600's and Senn 650's aside.  I look forward to getting the new Ether C in a few weeks to try Dan's next evolutionary step.  :)

9. mrspeakers Contributor

Fostex has found several more lots of older inventory of T50s in distribution around the world and we have been able to make several large purchases since we announced end-of-life or we'd already be out and finished with those products.  Fostex's US distributor just informed us we may have an option to buy a large number of headphones they found at a distributor overseas so the answer is I'm uncertain.

Demand is the highest we've had since we launched the headphones and with the material we have on hand we'll be out of all Mad Dog and Alpha Dog headphones within ~4 weeks. If demand stays this strong we'll purchase more, we will then have enough to get to the holidays.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  10. penmarker
    Have you guys tried to use the drivers from the new T50s? How much different do you guys have to tune them?

11. swspiers
    Mine is only about a 10K system, and I agree totally.  the Primes are so good that I have a reference for tuning and adjusting my main rig, which is good since I'm moving this month and have a whole new room to work with!

Ableza and reddog like this.
  12. purdah
    Has anyone tried the AD powered from a Chord Mojo?

Impressions of the Mojo vs the O2/Odac when powering the AD?

13. wahsmoh

No, but if you look at the specs for the Mojo it puts out 750 mW into 8 ohms. If you are using the Alpha Dogs which I believe are around 50 ohms for the T50RP driver then you should be able to get a good amount of volume. I would suggest though that you put more than 1 W into the Alpha Dogs to get superior dynamics and weight. I just don't know if the Mojo has enough power as a standalone amp for the dogs. I would use the Mojo and a separate headphone amp .

14. Ableza
    Those stupid colored lights make me turn my nose up at Mojo just like the uber-bling of all their other products make me scoff at all things Chord.

swspiers and reddog like this.
  15. purdah
    The lights dont appear to ever turn off, so you either like or hate it.

It is not something you are going to use in the dark, like late night listening in a bed next to someone.

First

Back
580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589
591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600
Next

Last