1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584
586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595
Next

Last
  1. iamxLn
    Since the alphas are discounted, would the upgrade from the mdp to the alpha also be discounted :grin:

2. Ableza
    Wow. I am super happy I have my Primes. And now I look forward to what Dan comes up with next!

swspiers, mrspeakers and reddog like this.
  3. Subatomic
    Also want to know this. Sent Dan an email about it as soon as I saw the news. Still no response. It'd be awesome if there was a discount! Would tip me over the edge, because at this point it would actually be CHEAPER for me to sell my MDPs locally and buy a BRAND NEW set of Alpha Dogs, than to send them back to Dan to upgrade, at $220USD.

4. Ableza
    MrSpeakers is blowing out the MD/AD line at discounted prices.  Why would they discount upgrades?  To lose money? 

5. reddog
    +1 Well said sir.

6. reddog
    I bet Dan comes out with a closed back version of the Ether. It is a exciting times for the world of headphones.

Ableza likes this.
  7. mrspeakers Contributor

We aren't end-of-life for the upgrades, those are gong to continue indefinitely.  The sale is until products run out but we'll probably continue upgrades for quite a while, ergo no sales on these.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    Maelob likes this.
  8. dorino
    I got my fixed Alpha Dogs back! The stoppers are matched better, so that's nice. There's a little bit of sprue attached to the ones on the left side, but not enough to be mad about. One of them has a thick line through it, too. The stoppers are always a little rough, right? Since they're unfinished 3D printed pieces, I guess it's expected.

I'm just happy to have them back!

9. Takeanidea
    HI Dorino ,
    but what do they sound like? They're an excellent phone whether discontinued or not , they suit my musical tastes perfectly

10. dorino
    Oh, no, they sound great. I have no complaints on that front. Very neutral, pretty well matched, and open sounding.

I have no complaints on any fronts, just thinking out loud.

11. Takeanidea
    Glad you're happy. What type of music do you listen to on them? I can hear hiss on these phones that I can't hear with my HD800s which I was not expecting. Classical music concerts will reveal the odd bit of fidgeting for instance.

12. dorino
    I don't notice any hiss that isn't supposed to be there/isn't there by nature of the recording. They're sensitive to that sort of stuff, though, but I wouldn't call it a problem. I listen to a lot of stuff, and haven't noticed anything particularly odd. They're pretty dang neutral, and that's good.

13. Takeanidea
    The vinyl rips I am listening to are bringing back many fond memories, warts and all[​IMG]

14. dorino
    Tried the felt discs. I actually kind of like them. Smoother treble - little less of it. One disc works well. Two is good, too, but I prefer one. Still very neutral sounding. Not a substantial change, but a pleasant one. Stupidly easy installation. Pads come off very easily!

15. Selta
    Hi... don't mind me... I'm simply subscribing to this thread so I remember to come back and read it later. 585 pages will be hard to catch up on :p. I just ordered my set of Alpha Dogs on the EoL sale, and they'll be in my hands Friday :).

First

Back
575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584
586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595
Next

Last