1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491
493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502
Next

Last
  1. TeskR

With the Alpha Dogs yes, but not as much with my other more efficient head phones.

2. MattTCG

This is typically true. But for the pm-1, an efficient hp, it certainly responded better to the lyr than to lesser amps. 

3. tehsprayer
    What tubes you guys recommend with the Lyr and the ADs?

4. MattTCG
    My favorites are the Telefunkens with good balance of resolution and warmth. Followed by the Orange Globes, for more warmth and lushness. 

5. TeskR
    Just bought some Orange Globs last week should be here soon

6. Ableza
    I like Gold Lions.

7. Mullet
    My favorite 6DJ8 based tubes are the Lorenz Stuttgart PCC88 Gray Shield (Squat Bottle). They are actually the 7v version of the 6DJ8 (ECC88), but can be run at 6v. Another tube which is great is the Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8. IMO they are preferred to the Orange Globe. If you want to go really high-end try the Siemens CCa. I prefer them to the TFK E88CC. I don't own a Lyr, but have tried these tubes in other amps with great success.

8. tehsprayer
    http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

I tried the Bass Shaker test and kind of dissapointed. I heard a buzzing and rattling. When I tried my brothers DT 770s, they had nothing like that and they are valued at lot less than the ADs.

9. mrspeakers Contributor

A rattle is certainly not acceptable.  We've only ever seen a rattle twice an alpha dog; both times caused by wires vibrating against the back of the driver.  When we found this we modified our process to a) use adhesive to bind the wires to a routing the ensures they won't rattle against the driver and b) use similar bass test tones as a test during tuning of the headphones. 

I don't like to speculate so we have to see the phone to be sure what's going on.  PM me and we'll fix it right up for you.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
    imackler likes this.
  10. tehsprayer
    Can you send me your test tuning bass tones? I want to be sure it is rattling rather than shipping from Canada and back to find out that everything is fine. I think it may be the test.

11. wahsmoh
    I just tried the same Bass Shaker test to try it out for myself. I have no rattling of any sort just the bass sounding fine. You better send in your headphones to check with Dan. There's definitely something wrong because I had no problem at all

12. mrspeakers Contributor

I'll generate a specific file for you using our test system.  PM me.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
    tehsprayer likes this.
  13. tehsprayer
    I think the headphone problem is solved. If anything else comes up he did tell me his contact info and is very nice.

MrSpeakers has great customer service

14. Byronb
    Care to share the issue?

15. tehsprayer
    I thought the headphones had a rattle when testing the bass but it doesn't. 

First

Back
482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491
493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502
Next

Last