1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490
492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501
Next

Last
  1. jaywillin

microphonics will depend on the tube.
    i tried a lot of different tubes, and i only had microphics a couple of times

2. olegausany
    +1

3. tehsprayer
    Will the Modi be fine with the Lyr or is the Bifrost worth the $520 upgrade (usb + uber). 

I want the Lyr mostly because of its power and the microphonics of the vali kind of get annoying. Everytime I sneeze, open a can of pop, even move the cable it rings). I could just find good tubes that do not have microphonics. I do like tubes though and enjoy a warmer sound and not so bright

4. olegausany
    As it was already microphonic depends on the tube so getting Lyr is not guarantee to avoid it.
    I never heard Modi so can't comment but I prefer DacMagic Plus over Bifrost Uber, just personal preference

5. mrspeakers Contributor
    The only bad micro phonics I had with my Lyr were some Green Hornet tubes.  They rang when I typed, it was truly amazing.  ka ting, ting ting, ka tinggg... 

FWIW, I have a Lyr 2 and it is a big step up with significantly more resolution and a much larger sound stage.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  6. wahsmoh
    Asgard 2 and Uberfrost are a great pairing. I also don't have to deal with tube microphonics :p

7. aamefford
    Any chance the Lyr2 is coming to the SF Bay meet?

Agreed. Still, I'm finally getting fascinated by tubes. That freakin' Vali is a gateway drug I tell ya!

8. hifijunky
    Hey guys, I just sent my MadDogs in for the upgrade to AlphaDogs, yesterday!!! I've been waiting since early December so I was so excited when the upgrade notice finally arrived. However, I was blown away by Dan and the MrSpeakers crew in that they turned my headphones around the same day they arrived in San Diego!!! Amazing!!! Can't wait to hear them next Tuesday!!! Yeah!!!!

imackler likes this.
  9. imackler
    or to Spokane... oh wait. We don't have meets here. 

10. aamefford
    We would welcome you at the SF Bay meet - come on down!

11. mrspeakers Contributor
    Yup, Lyr 2 will be coming with me to SF...

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  12. tehsprayer
    How does the Lyr 2 compare to the Asgard 2? I think I might upgrade the vali in the future because of it's microphonics and more power to drive orthos. I feel the asgard will be just fine and -$200 than the lyr 2.

13. tehsprayer
    Is the Project Ember good with this and I could get JJ 12AU7 tubes from thetubestore for $25. Also $100 cheaper than the lyr

14. TeskR

But the Lyr is sexy [​IMG]

15. tehsprayer
    Did you find a substanial difference between the magni and lyr?

First

Back
481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490
492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501
Next

Last