1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500
Next

Last
  1. musicman59
    Which one of the DHC are you talking about? I don't see a Fusion Type 4. I just see the different Complement and also the different Monocle. 

2. Mullet

I'm glad I'm saving money... then I can spend it on building things (amps and DACs) that do actually make a large difference.

skeptic likes this.
  3. Ableza
    I thought the stand was a nice extra that I didn't expect.  And yes, it is too short for the phones with the cables attached, and you have to push the ear cups all the way up.  But it is an extra and a nice professional touch from MrSpeakers, IMO.  My HD650 didn't come with a free stand.

4. mrspeakers Contributor
    The stand works best on a wood block as a base or with the new foam insert on the top.

We kept the size down to keep international shipping Affordable, it was a compromise.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    Ableza likes this.
  5. sunneebear
    I have a Krell KSA 5 Chinese clone that I am using with my AD.  My impressions here.

6. RedSox
    Can we current Alpha Dog owners buy a foam insert somehow?

7. tehsprayer
    It really isn't worth it. You probably should just get some styrofoam or a block to go under the stand

8. MattTCG

I'll sell you mine. [​IMG]

9. Skyyyeman
    And neither does the HD800, or many other expensive phones.  Yes, it's a nice professional touch from MrSpeakers and it's much appreciated.

swspiers, wahsmoh and Ableza like this.
  10. DaemonSire
    are there any pics of what the alpha dogs look like on the stand with the new foam block?

11. mrspeakers Contributor
    FYI we now have a 10' 1/4" cable option.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

M3NTAL, murrays and MattTCG like this.
  12. mrspeakers Contributor

OK, ok!  Here's a quick and dirty photo.  My desk is covered in headphones and doesn't make beauty shots easy...  [​IMG]  As you can see, with the foam in place and the risers left as they were on my head the phone fits properly.  The foam can be attached with rubber cement or double sided foam tape, or other adhesives if desired, as long as they don't melt the foam.

The foam can be wrapped in microfiber, or anything for that matter.  Alternatively one can put a 2-3" wood block under the stand and it works well, too.  

photo-2.jpg

13. MattTCG

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]  Except I ordered about a week too early. [​IMG] 

It's a great move though. 

14. reddog
    Thanks you for the 10 foot cable, you have made me and my wallet happy.:)

15. tehsprayer
    I have Vali and Modi is it worth to upgrade the Dac/Amp?

I was thinking the Lyr 2 + Odac keep it <$500. Does the Lyr have any microphonics? The Vali gets annoying with it

First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500
Next

Last