1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487
489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498
Next

Last
  1. HeretixAevum
    Yeah, I know. I can get the Zebrano or Walnut (I like those two best) for $160 but it's a hell of a lot for what it is. I probably won't even bother with a headphone stand, really. I only want one desktop headphone, and when it's not in use I just rest it next to my keyboard like so:

DSC_00792.jpg

2. jaywillin

mine is in the box

3. cute

So, my cable is in the box, never used, he could do the same thing you suggest with the cable, I don't like the sound with the stock cable.....and I would also like different pads, they get warm, I'd like velours!  My point is, for $600 you have a headphone that sounds like a headphone up to 3 times it's price.......well worth the asking price in my opinion, a fair package deal!

4. MattTCG
    Both the MD and AD are, IMO, the best bang for buck in their respective class. 

5. HeretixAevum
    Well I see that as kind of different, since you absolutely need a cable and earpads to use the headphone. Headphone stands are a much more optional accessory. And I really do think a headphone stand that can't hold the headphone it's designed for with it's cables plugged in is a pretty worthless addition in my opinion.

But I do agree that it is a great value headphone package, I can deal with an unused headphone stand.

6. reddog
    It be a good thing the alpha dogs are now pedigreed, for it shows how marvellous these cans are to behold.:)

7. cute

What other headphones do you put in their "class"?  I think for the AD price, they would be very hard to beat until you spend more that $1000!

8. greenkiwi
    The addition of the foam pad to hold the headphones up helps with this.

9. musicman59
    I thought the AD were a little too bright until I placed 1 Dog Treat in each cup so based on that what aftermarket cable do you guys recommend for them?

10. aamefford
    One can pretty easily put a foam pad on top of the stand to raise the headphones a bit.  That said, mine is an earlier edition, without the foam piece in the box.  It sits in the box, unused, under the bed because the headphones don't fit on it well in the as shipped configuration.  I haven't gotten around to modding the stand.  it is a nice, simple stand, and a nice add in.  It is unfortunate that the Alphas don't fit well with the cables attached.

I wonder about a half moon type piece of wood/plastic/foam that sits inside the underside of the stand during shipping, and then is attached to the top of the stand after being unpacked.  It could attach with a nut and bolt, velcro, glue…  I'll have to look in the box and see if this would be an option.  If it is, Dan would have to decide if it is a worthwhile option.  More pieces = more cost = higher price...

11. imackler
    I mentioned a couple pages back, but if anyone has a minute and a ruler, can you measure the width of the comfort strap for me? It would be much appreciated! 

12. cute

Best, most realistic sound....Doublehelixcables Fusion Type 4 Litz.  A little more affordable, Norne/Norse Audio has a new Vanquish wire that is a Type 6 Litz.  Both of these are cutting edge technology, and the best wires in the world.  I've heard them both and they are fantastic.  This new design will revolutionize the sound of headphones! 

Disclaimer:

For those that don't believe in cables sounding different, save your money!

13. KmanChu
     1.75 inches approx. No padding but it doesn't need it. The continuous weight distribution of the strap is excellent. I wish Audeze would adapt something similar.

14. imackler
    Thanks for that! I know what you're saying. In one sense, its not needed. The comfort strap distributes the weight well across the head. Personally though, and I'm not sure why, but the leather irritates my head a ton; It may be because I keep my hair short? I'm in an office environment, so I still need to make it look professional, or else just a wrap a cloth around it. 

15. Ableza
    I'm bald on top these days and I don't have any irritation from the AD comfort strap.  Its, well, comfortable.  [​IMG] 

First

Back
478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487
489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498
Next

Last