1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483
485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494
Next

Last
  1. MattTCG
    Very late...[​IMG] lol

2. gelocks

LOL LOL!!!

3. drm870
    Just noticed this on InnerFidelity's YouTube channel:

There's a write-up, too. (Sounds like we'll be getting another Alpha Dog review soon!) [​IMG]

tehsprayer likes this.
  4. mrspeakers Contributor

Well, technically the second.  One customer dropped it hard and broke it.  But you were the first to ever harm one by adjusting the clamp.  My guess is that part was structurally flawed to begin with and would have failed anyhow, as normally they are really tough.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
  5. MattTCG
    I only got one afternoon with them, but man was that a nice afternoon. [​IMG]

6. cute
    Dan has a video on shaping/bending the headband.....his method get no where near the cups if you extend them all the way!

7. MattTCG

I watched the video twice before I bent the hb. [​IMG] I've owned the AD (x2), MD (x2) and the MDP (only once). I've bent the hb on all of them and never had trouble. 

8. cute

Should have used a dose Kryptonite first!

9. swspiers

The Alpha gods have punished you for leaving the fold.  And they commanded you to 'repent', not 're-bend'...

10. AxelCloris Administrator

Buy another MDP. The imbalance is killing my CDO.

11. imackler
    Ha! lol

12. greenkiwi
    Don't they have a buy 5, get the 6th for free [​IMG]

13. musicman59
    Is the cable installation at the cups just a push/pull action with no twisting or screwing the connector?

14. AxelCloris Administrator

Yup. it's a push/pull release mechanism. Really easy to put on and remove. I like it a lot. Kinda wish more makers used this style.

15. imackler
    Can anyone do a quick measurement of the width of the comfort strap?

I contacted David Clark company who manufactures the "pillow pad" pictured below for aviator headphones. The Rough dimensions are 4 ¼ L x 2 3/8 W. I can't find a pic of the underside of this but I'm thinking about velcro'ing it to the bottom of the comfort strap. The pads only cost $10. 
    PillowPad.jpg
    I'm also interested in these KRK KNS 8400 Pads pictured below. Has anyone tried them? I know I'm in a minority who doesn't get on with the comfort strap but it chafes my skull (Prob because I have short hair.) I will find a solution! 

KRKPad.jpg

First

Back
474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483
485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494
Next

Last