1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Aug 9, 2013.
First

Back
473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482
484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493
Next

Last
  1. imackler
    Does anyone have impressions w/ the Alpha Dog and iFi ican? I didn't love the Magni/Alpha Dog combo but now that I have the ican...I'm tempted again by the Alpha Dog. 

2. Andykong

I have checked with the designer, he recommended the mk6+ for Alpha Dog, the Mk8se is designed for high impedance headphone, and HD800 was targeted specifically during the development stage.

I can the mk6+ at a slightly cheaper price over here, and they have a factory mod version at request only, I certainly will consider the mk6+ when I am in the market for a tube headphone amp.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  3. Roscoeiii
    Love my MKVI with my HE-5LEs. My Mad Dogs are not balanced so haven't been able to try them on that amp. 

4. greenkiwi
    I like my mkVI, though I need to find some quieter fans for it.  While you can't hear them with your headphones on, other people can hear them.

5. KmanChu

I have both the iCAN and Alpha Dog. The iCAN was my primary headphones amp with the AD for several months and it is very good. I actually really liked it with the bass boost on the low setting with the AD.

Aside: The iCAN is (to me) way better than the Magni, and the AD is transparent enough to show you the difference.

Edit: I'm talking about the micro iCAN, can't speak to the nano

6. jaywillin
    yep, i agree, and i had both at the same time, and i'm a schiit fan !

7. MattTCG
    I got my AD yesterday, also had a pair at launch, and was amazed at the improvement in sound quality. I think that Dan may have learned a thing or two since these launched originally. [​IMG]  Amazingly good musical reproduction and just a straight up toe tapping head bobbing experience. 

I went through my test tracks and then couldn't stop testing my favorite music to see how the AD was with my favorites albums. I was having a marathon session, then decided to shape the headband for a little more clamp. And then snap...[​IMG]  

Apparently I'm very strong for a geeky computer guy. Snapped the right cup right off. Oh well, back to Cali and I know that Dan will get the back quick so that I don't have start sticking pins in my little Mr. Speakers doll. [​IMG] 

8. imackler

Did you throw up? :)  I feel nauseous just imaging that. 

9. MattTCG
    Oh no, it wasn't until hours later after three or fours shots that I threw up. Ha!!

10. greenkiwi
    What part broke?

11. MattTCG
    ^^ The black connector that attaches the slider to the cup. According to Dan I was the first to ever break this. 

12. jaywillin

you're not a geeky computer guy, you're a rugged HE-MAN !! lol  [​IMG]

13. imackler

The neck muscle building exercises backfired. 

14. MattTCG

Possibly. Or it could be my superpowers are not yet controllable. 

15. imackler
    You're a late bloomer mutant. 

First

Back
473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482
484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493
Next

Last