Mr. Speakers Ether Flow Impressions and Discussion
Jul 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #152 of 161
Just bought the open Ether Flow and returned my Aeon. Tested them side by side and I couldn't get over how much I miss the open back headphone feeling. In addition, the Ether Flow has closer to the ideal frequency response for my ears (the HD650 caused me to fall in love with that mid-bass boost).

Jul 18, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #153 of 161
Don't you guys just love the open Flow??? I declined when notified about getting the Flow treatment for my Ether Cs. For some reason, I still love the sound of my Ether Cs . So I must be crazy or having the open Flows is good enough for me.

Jul 19, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #155 of 161
Has anyone compared the Ether Flows paired with Mjolnir2 versus AmpsandSound Kenzie or Kenzie Encore? I'd be curious to hear about the differences with those amps...Thanks!

The mjo2 with tubes is incredibly dynamic and powerful. The Kenzie has more finesse and better tonality. I liked the Kenzie more but at the retail price it should sound better.

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #158 of 161
Will the Ether Flow be good upgrade from my HE400i?
In terms of sound quality what will I gain over HE400i/ HE400S?

I use HE400i with Oppo HA-2SE and in future i will upgrade to desktop dac/amp.

Why no one is comparing these two segments? How do you guys decide if it will be worth upgrade?

Aug 12, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #161 of 161
Will the Ether Flow be good upgrade from my HE400i?
In terms of sound quality what will I gain over HE400i/ HE400S?

I use HE400i with Oppo HA-2SE and in future i will upgrade to desktop dac/amp.

Why no one is comparing these two segments? How do you guys decide if it will be worth upgrade?

I had both the HE400i and Ether Flows for not far off a year (just sold the HE400i) and to be honest there is no comparison. I always found the HE400i to be tinny harsh and a bit bass shy, in comparison the Ether Flows have a more detailed but smoother sound and have a far more filled out bass presentation and are just more natural sounding. Not really a fair comparison considering the price but I personally love the Ether Flows and found them a significant upgrade to the HE400i. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back