MP4 Nation customer service (or lack there of) - another dissappointed customer
Dec 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

localredhead

Head-Fier
Seeing as how others on this site are dissapointed I thought I should chime in with my experience.

I recently tried to purchase items during the black friday / cyber monday sales.  During that time, they released time sensitive coupons for the GR07 and Brainwavs B2's.

I was able to add those items with coupons to my cart *BUT* I was unable to purchase those items with those coupons because I was experiencing an error with their website.  This error (also known as a BUG in their software) prevented me from completing the purchases in full.  It was VERY frustrating because I was able to add the items to my cart and apply the coupon codes but never able to purchase.

What was the error?  Every time I tried to complete the purchase I received a pop up message stating I must provide a last name on my order.  The only issue was I DID.  They clearly had an issue with the forms on their website because I was previously able to place an order using this exact same information.

I submitted support tickets regarding the issue, and I also provided screen shots that showed the issue.  They eventually resolved the error but not until 2 days after the sales had ended.

When I told them of my lack of happiness with the situation, their only response was to tell me to try and order again (and pay full price).  They said they have a strict policy of not letting anyone participate in a sale after it has ended and all they were really willing to do for me was fix the error in their website.

As a consumer that is used to some amount of customer service, I did expect them to let me take part in their sales (even if after the fact) because there was nothing I could do and nothing I did wrong to put the website in this state.  They had a bug/error that could only be solved by them.  At a minimum they could have let me purchase the GR07's and the B2's for the sale price because I brought the issue to their attention which allowed them to fix it and ultimately improve the website for other customers. 

My advice to others:  If you find a problem with their website DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT IT.  Let them loose customers instead because they will do nothing for you.

I have a strict policy on supporting businesses that punish their customers for reporting BUGS in their website.  Asking me to pay more for an item that I could have saved a lot of money on because their website had a problem IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.  It is lacking purely of that.

There was also the issue that I asked them to cancel an order I had already placed successfully before they charged me for it.  Instead of just canceling it they removed the money from my account and then made me wait for a refund.

I hope this message rings loud and clear and I truly hope people think twice about purchasing anything from MP4 nation because they don't seem to care about the consumer if they don't have to.

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 16
Unfortunately that seems to be the case with a lot of companies these days...poorer and poorer customer service overall.  That said, I've ran into a few product related issues in the past few months and the companies I've dealt with have been more than accommodating. Mp4 Nation was one of them.  So they aren't always bad...at least not when it comes to supporting their products AFTER they leave their warehouses. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:
Unfortunately that seems to be the case with a lot of companies these days...poorer and poorer customer service overall.  That said, I've ran into a few product related issues in the past few months and the companies I've dealt with have been more than accommodating. Mp4 Nation was one of them.  So they aren't always bad...at least not when it comes to supporting their products AFTER they leave their warehouses. .

I'm sure if I actually bought something and had to return it they would stand by their product - but in the case of someone who has yet to purchase I was basically just told to "try again" without as much as a "sorry for your troubles" or a "thank you for pointing out that problem"

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 16
I think that the last name problem occurs when you have not registered with MP4nation and trying to purchase, as far as I remember this was discussed during the black friday/cyber monday weekend

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
I think that the last name problem occurs when you have not registered with MP4nation and trying to purchase, as far as I remember this was discussed during the black friday/cyber monday weekend

I was registered and had successfully placed my first order with them 1 day prior to this fiasco - using the same billing information.

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #6 of 16
This is the 2nd thread I've seen lately where someone is complaining about Mp4nation.. Am I the only one here who as never had a problem ordering from them or dealing with their customer service? I've had 10+ orders with them now and everything went as expected and I couldn't be happier with the service I've received and I'll continue to order from them.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
MP4Nation has the worst customer service on the internet. Compared to a company like Koss ... which really cares about their customers ... MP4Nation is really to be avoided.

Could you please give us some details on what your problem was with mp4nation's customer service?

Edit.. Looks like I asked you to provide details in the other mp4nation thread also. So please provide more info and details for anyone reading these threads so they will have some idea why they should avoid mp4nation in your opinion.

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #8 of 16
He missed out on a discount due to either mp4's server or his own pc settings and is getting even. If he emailed them before the discount ended, they should accommodate him like JH Audio did me but it's their prerogative if there wasn't a known issue during that period. If I didn't get my deal, I just wouldn't have ordered but I also wouldn't have made a stink about it. MO4 nation can be a bit difficult but they have never tried to rip anyone. Don't expect everything to go at it's smoothest if your ordering from China. Language, customs and differences in culture will prevent it. I still order some things that way but try to use US vendors whenever possible.

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #9 of 16
Do you happen to still be looking for a pair of Brainwavz B2's? I'm still looking to sell my pair that I received from mp4nation because I prefer the dynamic sound of my futuresonics.

McLover

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
He missed out on a discount due to either mp4's server or his own pc settings and is getting even. If he emailed them before the discount ended, they should accommodate him like JH Audio did me but it's their prerogative if there wasn't a known issue during that period. If I didn't get my deal, I just wouldn't have ordered but I also wouldn't have made a stink about it. MO4 nation can be a bit difficult but they have never tried to rip anyone. Don't expect everything to go at it's smoothest if your ordering from China. Language, customs and differences in culture will prevent it. I still order some things that way but try to use US vendors whenever possible.

The OP in this thread explained his situation but the guy I replied to above in this thread and in another mp4nation complaint thread as yet to provide details as to why he's telling others to avoid mp4nation. I'm just curious about the problem he had with them which made him go public telling others to avoid mp4nation without giving details as to why he would do that.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #11 of 16
@localredhead I am sorry for the error on our site, i looked into your ticket and talked to the rep, we're not sure why you had the error, we actually just checked your address on the system and saved it again, i guess after doing that whatever error was on the DB for your address was fixed.  It also did take us 2 days to resolve the issue as those 2 days fell on a weekend, our office and support staff do not work on weekends. I can say that the problem you had was the first that was reported to us.

With limited use coupons, once they are used up they will not be offered again, regardless of the reason. This is mainly due to the stock for those discounts has been specially allocated. That is our strict policy and many here on head-fi know this as we always get a lot of emails, tickets, forum posting and FB messages with people asking us to extend the coupon. I certainly understand that you are not happy with this, but it is one of the few things we don't budge on ever.

On the issue of your first order and refund, our system charges you when you place a order, so regardless if you wanted a refund or if it shipped, you are charged when you place the order.

@dancingpotato Can you post or message your ticket number or message me the problem. We do always try to help customers and we certainly don't engage in any sort of bait & switch as you mentioned in another post.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
I'm really disappointed the mp4nation customer service and build quality(out of phase polarity and channel imbalance problem).
mp4nation customer service is conduct lacks sincerity.

So I guess you contacted them describing the problem but they refused sending you a replacement item for your defective one? Is that what your saying?

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #14 of 16
My experience with MP4Nation till now has been great.

I think there are in general some difference between buying online and buying in a shop and if you buy something online (certainly from another country) you should realize that. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 16
I bought 2 pieces of Brainwavz R1 with Microphone for me and my neighbour. The shipment invoice on the site said that both were shipped, but I received only 1. I called FedEx to know what happened and they said that this could not have happened from their end. I have now sent a customer complaint to MP4Nation. Hoping they would be able to find out what went wrong in the shipping and get me the next pair too.
I had paid for both IEMs from my Credit Card. I hope they sort out the issue and get me the other pair too, or else, I would not get paid and that'd mean 3 months of cutting down on expenses to make up for the extra 35$ I paid to get ONE IEM! These emoticons cannot convey how depressed I am now! 
frown.gif
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back