MP3s on a Nano
Feb 26, 2007 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
My daughters' birthday is coming up and she wants an Ipod Nano. We are a 4 MP3 player family (none are Apple). Currently I store all of our ripped MP3s on one computer and share them across the network. Just plug in the USB cord and copy the MP3s to the player. Simple. I don't know too much about the Ipods. I know they can play MP3s as well as Apple's AAC files. Will I be able to put my existing non-DRM MP3s on a Nano without re-encoding?

Feb 26, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will I be able to put my existing non-DRM MP3s on a Nano without re-encoding?

Yup, just drag and drop the MP3s or folder containing the MP3s into your iTunes songlist/playlist, then import them into the Nano.

If you want to bypass the songlist/playlist mess I believe you can also drag and drop the MP3s into the Nano directly via it's icon in iTunes when it's connected with your PC.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 7
"Currently I store all of our ripped MP3s on one computer and share them across the network."

Don't forget to have a back-up (you probably already do -- I'd just hate for something to happen that would force you to have to re-rip the family music collection).

I hope she enjoys the Nano for more than just its "i-Pod-ness" ... I also own players by Creative, Rio and Samsung, but I like the Nano's easy navigation and (finally from Apple) very impressive battery capacity.

Feb 27, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 7
You might get a little less battery time but MP3s run fine otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My daughters' birthday is coming up and she wants an Ipod Nano. We are a 4 MP3 player family (none are Apple). Currently I store all of our ripped MP3s on one computer and share them across the network. Just plug in the USB cord and copy the MP3s to the player. Simple. I don't know too much about the Ipods. I know they can play MP3s as well as Apple's AAC files. Will I be able to put my existing non-DRM MP3s on a Nano without re-encoding?

Feb 27, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Currently I store all of our ripped MP3s on one computer and share them across the network."

Don't forget to have a back-up (you probably already do -- I'd just hate for something to happen that would force you to have to re-rip the family music collection).

I hope she enjoys the Nano for more than just its "i-Pod-ness" ... I also own players by Creative, Rio and Samsung, but I like the Nano's easy navigation and (finally from Apple) very impressive battery capacity.

Those cheap USB drive enclosures are great. I use one to back up my mp3s and one for my pictures and other data. She wants one for the "pink-ness" and "all my friends have one-ness"
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back