MP3Newswire: iPod Killers for Christmas 2006
Oct 16, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #17 of 31
Great post.

I felt poor seeing all the new toys.
eggosmile.gif

Did you see the Cowon N2 - built-in GPS. Now, if I could only find my money.

I don't hear too much about Colby, but they seemed to have a couple of competitive models.

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:31 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
I know I can't complain about anything with my iPod...

I can (at least about iturds), About a week ago my ipod lost its album art, so today I plugged my ipod in to sync only my music.
I ticked only the sync music box and not the music videos box (because I do not keep a copy of my videos on my pc for space reasons) and guess what.....
The pos that is iturds synced (deleted) not only my music videos but also my movies!!!!!!

Now I have to spend all night using a file recovery program!

I HATE APPLE!

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #19 of 31
The D says:
Quote:

The pos that is iturds synced (deleted) not only my music videos but also my movies!!!!!! ... Now I have to spend all night using a file recovery program!

This is the first post I have read on this subject. You are absolutely right!

Touch just about anything, and iTunes wipes your player. It has happened more than once to me. I now have everything on manual download.

The other thing that is driving me crazy is that if you do ANYTHING to a movie, it wipes and reloads. Correct the spelling on a movie title and iTunes wipes and reloads. Too much!

Oct 16, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #20 of 31
Rio Karma
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 16, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #21 of 31
none of the other devices have invaded the appliance market like apple has, the rest are gadgets and toys. You "need" an Ipod.

Oct 16, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #22 of 31
wanderman says:
Quote:

You "need" an Ipod.

I have an iPod (actually 3) for music. If I could get a large screen (4 to 6 inches) for video only and could just drag and drop, I would seriously consider a third party video player. I don't need the iTunes interface to load 5, 10 or even 50 movies. I won't buy one this year, but I wlll have a large screen player by next year.

Oct 16, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt
Is anyone else not in love with the clickwheel? I sometimes find it incredibly annoying when I want to scroll just one single song down and the scroll keeps overshooting the song I want and I end up spending like 5 seconds to scroll down one song
biggrin.gif
. I thought the HD-5's d-pad was way better.

seconded, the new ipods especially are too small for my hands, and the motion in my opinion is not natural.

Oct 16, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #24 of 31
As I see it the market for hard-drive (and eventually high capacity flash) based players is going to favour the all-in-one pocket pc-lite type devices. I think the company that can perfect a music/movie/internet/wifi/gps device that's easy to use, reliable and has good battery life will be the real 'iPod killer'.

Of course cheap flash music-only players will continue to thrive for a long time, however Apple isn't as dominant in this market as it is in HD players.

Oct 16, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsansite
As I see it the market for hard-drive (and eventually high capacity flash) based players is going to favour the all-in-one pocket pc-lite type devices. I think the company that can perfect a music/movie/internet/wifi/gps device that's easy to use, reliable and has good battery life will be the real 'iPod killer'.

Of course cheap flash music-only players will continue to thrive for a long time, however Apple isn't as dominant in this market as it is in HD players.

don't forget about the cell phone. The next gen devices will definately be phone based. Apple is already tackling this market with the slvr, razr etc. they all use itunes.

Oct 16, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #26 of 31
I saw the Samsung Samsung YP-K5 at a shop today. Pretty cool, but a bit too thick and bulky for a 1GB player. Get yourself an iPod Nano
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
The new Nanos are so slick. 8GB Nano + E4G would make such a stealthy ultraportable combo.

The only problem is that the 8GB Nano is so expensive. Add another few dollars and you got yourself a 30GB Black iPod Video.

Oct 17, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
The only problem is that the 8GB Nano is so expensive. Add another few dollars and you got yourself a 30GB Black iPod Video.

A few? I thought they were at the same price point last time I checked.. $249.99, right?

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:35 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins
don't forget about the cell phone. The next gen devices will definately be phone based. Apple is already tackling this market with the slvr, razr etc. they all use itunes.

True, but not in a conventional sense I believe. Over here they have just started to release VOIP wifi mobiles, as more of the UK wifi coverage increases this could very well take off (considering the extremely low cost of operating one of these phones).

While Motorola may be popular, Nokia is still the best selling phone manufacturer, they are the ones Apple need to work with to guarantee success with any crossover device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back