Mp3 with a huge bass ?? any suggestions ??
Sep 14, 2009 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ARSENAL FOREVER

New Head-Fier
I have owned an ipod Nano 3G that I think dont have enough bass to blow my head off ...
I just got my c710's 2 days ago ... and it got a clear and Boosting bass but I think that the ipod lack in bassment
can u suggest me with any mp3 with a great bass ??

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 17
Sansa Fuze and Iriver H320 has bigger bass than sony walkmen and Philips fullsound DAPs has some great bass output too.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 17
Sansa Fuze???? Nope, I sold mine, as the EQ is horrible, and distorts the sound. The bass was good, not rolled off, but definitely not "Booming". Just use the Clear Bass on a Sony, nothing else, and you'll know what Bass really is.

As for the Philips, I'm hearing good things about them, so I may have to investigate 1 myself.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 17
Idk the Irriver but the Fuze? oreally?! and by "bigger bass than sony walkmen." What "walkmen" are you talking about?

And ye Sony S639 has BIG bass, esp. with Clear Bass set to +3 (...duh...lulzbass)

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 17
I listened X1060 with Dr. Dre Tour(clear bass on) and it has great bass punch but it still can't compete to Fuze punchy bass, it's just so huge. To me Philips gogear is next to it with tight punchy bass if fullsound is on. Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sansa Fuze???? Nope, I sold mine, as the EQ is horrible, and distorts the sound. The bass was good, not rolled off, but definitely not "Booming". Just use the Clear Bass on a Sony, nothing else, and you'll know what Bass really is.

As for the Philips, I'm hearing good things about them, so I may have to investigate 1 myself.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 17
Sony DAP's are known for great bass, and the Fuze and clip sound bland compared to them. Also, you can't judge just by a sampling of 1 IEM w/the X1000 series.

Numerous preople here on Head-Fi, as well as other sites, will tell you the same thing. The Fuze is excellent, but it's nowhere near the SQ, or bass output, of a Sony DAP.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 17
agree with ilney and nywytboy68, for bass DAP, it is Sony. i admit Fuze has good bass quality, but the quantity is not enough compare to a few Sony series.
many of Sony`s audio products (dap, headphone) focus for bass quantity, its why i always call Sony is over-bass brand
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #9 of 17
Are you a basshead?

Yes, alot of DAP have a EQ for you to enhance the bass. Any EQ bass of DAPs is not powerful as to add an amp.

If the bass is overwhelming to other frequencies. This kind of bass is a kind of distortion I think.

So balance, tight , extention, punch and detail bass is what i am pursuing.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #11 of 17
The players which don't suffer bass roll off are: All of the 2008-onward Sony A, S and X series (unless the gumstick player). They will be punchy, deep, and able to drive even low ohm iems to 20HZ, something which many players cannot.

Then: Fuze and Clip
Then: iPod touch 2G, 3G
iPod shuffle 1G: personal favourite

Old iRiver H series: new ones are bad.

Those brands will bring detailed bass. For best balance (if not power), fuze and clip. If you want best balance, detail and great separation and power, iPod touch 2G. Anything else is just your sound preference. If you don't like one of them, it doesn't mean it has bad SQ, it means you don't like it.

The newer sony also have good channel separation, but not quite as good as the iPod touch.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #12 of 17
thnxx for the suggestion I guess I'll buy the Sony s639 because of the price difference which is 200$ less .. :S
I'll go today to try them in Sony Nearest store
wink.gif

BTW there is a great difference between the ipod's base and the sony s639's base ?? which one have a better SQ ??

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #13 of 17
My preference: The S639 sounds better than the Touch 2G (I recently sold mine). The SQ is utterly fantastic.

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #15 of 17
SQ means nothing really. Basicallly, the iPod touch is about as flawless as a DAP can get when driving an amp or earphones. When listening, it will depend on your ear. Both the Sony units (which don't hiss) and the iPod touch are great, but the touch edges out the Sony on nearly every front. The Sony have an extra 0,5 or 1 dBL of pressure added to bass which makes it seem warmer and smoother. The iPod touch is a more clinical sound, but is very good.

Whichever you like is up to you, but the iPod touch has better actual measurable SQ than the S639 which I also had and sold. It has a usable EQ however, which is huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back