MP3 Players With Sleep Function?
Nov 29, 2008 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

CodeToad

100+ Head-Fier
I want to buy my dad an MP3 player for Christmas. He mainly listens in bed at night and usually falls asleep with it on.

Are there any players with a sleep function or auto off feature?

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 15
He could use an iPod, make some random genius playlist with 25 songs, turn off repeat, and fall asleep to that.

For most players you can always just use a playlist/artist and play through it without repeat and it'll stop, and eventually will either go to sleep itself or shut down.

Rockboxed players have sleep timer, or at least my iPod does.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 15
Ok so the trick is to use playlists and when it's done with the list it will shutdown (most players do this)?

A Sansa Fuze 8gb will do this?

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #8 of 15
Zune will do that too if you use specific playlists or something, actually it'll technically do that if you shuffle all the songs too, but if he has as many songs as I do he won't finish them all before waking up lol.

edit: aha 100 posts, yay

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 15
Sony players have it too.

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #14 of 15
Many players have an explicit sleep function, such as the Sansa Clip+ and Fuze.  The Samsung P3 has it.  The iPhone 3gs has a sleep function available as part of the clock feature (I don't own a Touch but assume it would be there too).  For each, the player shuts down after the set time, no matter where it might be in a playlist.

Jun 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
Zune will do that too if you use specific playlists or something, actually it'll technically do that if you shuffle all the songs too, but if he has as many songs as I do he won't finish them all before waking up lol.

There is not sleep timer function on that crippled hardware named Zune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back