mp3 or music balancer
May 23, 2005 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

darkserpant

New Head-Fier
I have a lot of songs on my burned cd's and also on my hard drive. Does anybody know how I can balance all the songs so they will have the same volume level. I getting real tired of turning the volume up then down then up then down. I am not sure if this is the place to ask this question, so if you see it in another forum, I appologize. And thanks again.

May 23, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 6
I believe only WAVs, MP3, AAC and Vorbis' can be Replaygained (though I could be wrong). Check out this thread (WMA shows up). At least playback on computer could be adjusted.

May 23, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 6
I just realized you mentioned songs burned onto CD's . . . a program like I mentioned will not help there as it must be able to re-write the tags in the individual files. This would need to have been done before the files were burned to CD's.

Some music player software have built-in Replay Gain and can adjust during playback to level the volume. However, these also generally work by writing data to the tags (and I do not know if they can alternatively save this data in their library database).

May 23, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 6
Actually forget about my burned cd's. I still have all my music in one folder on my harddrive. They are all wma files. Will I have to convert them to wav then run a balancing program then convert them back to wma files then re-burn. If so what programs would best do all this, if any. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back