Moving next to a dam - good idea for cleaner electricity?
Aug 1, 2008 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Patrick82

Banned
I will move next to a water power plant to get a shorter signal path for my audio system. Will there be a lot of EMI in the area? The house I looked at is about 300 feet from the power plant. Is it a good idea?

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will move next to a water power plant to get a shorter signal path for my audio system. Will there be a lot of EMI in the area? The house I looked at is about 300 feet from the power plant. Is it a good idea?

I think prisons are built of reinforced concrete which means your cell will basically function as a Faraday cage, blocking out emi.
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 33
How are you going to buy or rent a house when your bank account is frozen?

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 33
Is the electricity to the house you are looking at fed directly from the power station? I would think it would go to a substation first which could be miles away.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the electricity to the house you are looking at fed directly from the power station? I would think it would go to a substation first which could be miles away.

Exactly. The substation will have a series of step down transformers.

If you want the cleanest power for your system... why not build a little solar rig? Put a few solar panels up on the roof. Store the power in a battery or bank of batteries and use that to power your gear. You could control the gauge of wire used and the quality of connections for the entire process. In addition, power being fed from a battery is very clean and even regardless to what else is happening around you. :) Might be cheaper than moving

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 33
If you move into a prison, the EMI will be very low and I am sure your bunkmate will provide all the 'clean' entertainment you will even need.
evil_smiley.gif

...btw, you might want to change the distance from 300 feet to something like 1000 feet to make the story slightly more believable.
wink_face.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3cc0s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wouldn't it just make more sence to get a power regeneration unit from Rich Gray or PS Audio instead?

I have PS Audio Quintet and PS Audio Premier Power Plant daisy chained together with Virtual Dynamics Genesis 1.1 Power Cables.

When I moved into another apartment which is located 300 feet further down the street I heard lack of bass.

Aug 3, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #10 of 33
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Wonder how this one turns out.
Especially since you may be out in jail for economic fraud, and that your bank account being already locked.

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's don't make any sense.

Like a lot of Patrick's other threads...

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

there could be a few issues with that.

1) first of all u need a chinese calendar in order to understand the lunar cycles.

2) then you need to apply said lunar cycles and understand its correlation to the movement of water and the tides.

3) tidal movement will affect the generation of power from the power plant due to the "flow" or restriction of water upon the generator's turbines.

4) then through in-depth analysis and research with the chief or head manager of the powerplant, recognise how this fluctuation affects their output power and the power factor differentials

5) calculate the output power and response of it reaching your house

6) consequently the best times for you to kick back, relax and listen to your music for optimal acoustic frequencies to be able to be displayed.

once you got all those factors calculated you should be sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back