mouth ulcer cure [random topic lol]
Sep 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Al4x

Headphoneus Supremus
so, i suffer occsionally, [like when stressed] with mouth ulcers, just last week i had a real nasty one right on the area behind the corner of my lip, so even speaking hurt, i had run out of the anbesol/bonjela so wh=ent to tesco to get a new pack, and saw a medicine that claimed to be a one hit KO, it was £5 for 2 applications, this thing was giving me so much grief i thought, go for it

to my great surprise it worked, tho the pain was nothing id ever felt before [havent had too much physical pain but this was unique]

thing is i didnt know such a medicine existed, and neither did anyone i know, i couldnt quite believe it

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 25
I take Vitamin B, rinse my mouth regularly either with Listerine or warm salt water, and avoid eating dry scratchy fried foods, like chips.

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 25
whoops forgot the stuff

oralmedic, little orange container, its a strange way of administration tho,

after you take it, its a bit like a like the feeling you get when you burn ur tongue for a day, but better than a weeks ulcer.

im gonna stock up! and its instantly not thier anymore!

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 25
I used to get those then I heard they're caused by acid imbalance. I quit eating so much fresh citrus, and never got another one.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 25
Are those related to canker sores? If so I used to get them all the time. I just waited them out.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #10 of 25
When I was a kid I used to get them between my lip and gum. My mother called it a canker sore and put alum on it. Hurt like heck when she put it on, but it went away almost immediately. Oh and don't get alum on your tongue!

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 25
If you eat healthier and take general vitamins it usually controls mouth ulcers... I occasionally get them from biting my lip, but thats it really. I use a couple different types of gel's to help heal them, Bonjela or SM-33 work really well.

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mouth ulcer? Have you had unprotected intercourse with a random stranger recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are those related to canker sores? If so I used to get them all the time. I just waited them out.

Canker sores (ulcers) differ from cold sores, being that they are NOT an STD.
Quote:

There is often confusion between canker sores and cold sores. In a nutshell, canker sores are painful ulcers, or open sores, on the inner membranes of the mouth and cheek, or can resemble pimples on the tongue. Canker sores are not considered to be contagious and are of uncertain origin.

Cold sores, on the other hand, are small red blisters that generally affect the mouth and facial areas, but usually appear on the lip and outer edge of the mouth. In contrast to canker sores, cold sores are extremely contagious and are most often caused by the Herpes Simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). More importantly, when oral herpes lesions and/or its contents come into direct contact with the genital area through oral-genital sex, genital herpes most likely will develop.

I get them occasionally too and sometimes swishing with salt water helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back