Mouse -Fi
May 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #542 of 616
  Tweakable / adjustable mouse M.M.O. 7:

(a R.A.T. 7 was also posted here; it's the same mouse, just with 10 buttons less)

Did they ever address the sensor on these?  I recall when the RAT was released there was some major flaws with its sensor (tracking, accel).  Really cool design, but it failed the functional test.

May 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #543 of 616
I never had any tracking issue with my two M.M.O. 7 (on my first one the scroll wheel went dead though). I think I remember some who complained about the 6400 DPI twin-eye sensor being prone to erratic behavior in presence of cat hair or dirt.

The R.A.T. was released a while ago, I think soon after the Razer Deathadder in 2006. The newest RAT has the 8200 DPI Phillips® Doppler-laser sensor.

By the time the M.M.O. 7 got released the R.A.T. was still the only mice on the market to address so many individual hand shape and size difference and grip preferences.

Its thumb panel button layout is ergonomic; all 10 buttons can be reached with barely any thumb movement. It has a horizontal scroll wheel.

Design > “Function” for me. I replaced mine, and I would buy another. I have come to rely on it (macro-wise) to web browse, navigate the OS, use software and play games.

May 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #544 of 616
I have a Steelseries Sensei RAW Heat Orange. Sorry I can't post pics as I need 40 posts or something 
frown.gif

Oct 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #545 of 616
Man, if guys from ESReality.com came here, they'd eat this whole thread alive. No offense, guys, but audiophiles are best-suited to judging audio gear and gamers are best-suited to judging gaming gear. I had just a glimpse of some of the things said here and cringed. For the record, Razer generally isn't durable with just a few exceptions (and neither is Steelseries); lightweight mice are generally the best choices for FPS games because they're easier to physically control, especially if you're a low-sens gamer; and most importantly, all laser mice have tracking issues. Go infrared optical, folks. Lower CPI ratings on average (Although not always, as the G502 proves.), but most of them have flawless 1:1 tracking and are thus more precise than laser-based alternatives.

I can see other mice working if you're just using them for their ergonomics or productivity features, or you happen to play MMOs and require a ton of macro buttons instead of absolute tracking precision, but if you're using these things for RTS or FPS gaming, or anything else that requires minute precision, opticals are really the only way. This is the general consensus of the gaming community. Laser mice have acceleration issues, some have Z-axis tracking, and they're pretty picky about what surfaces they work on. Yeah, true, they can track on glass, but often jitter to insane degrees on surfaces which aren't mostly flat, including a lot of cloth mousepads.

I tend to use this site to learn about audio gear, and I'm glad such a resource is available for the masses, but its specialization is audio. For mice, I recommend instead that you visit ESReality.com or Overclock.net. One of the best articles I've seen was on Geekhack, though. (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0) Geekhack, Overclock.net, and Deskthority are great places to learn about keyboards, especially mechanicals.

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #546 of 616
Using a Razor Death Adder 2013 ed. atm as I got it cheap of Amazon earlier this year. It performs quite well in all the games I play and the build quality+ led lighting (could have been better if you could change the colors) are great.

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #547 of 616
  Man, if guys from ESReality.com came here, they'd eat this whole thread alive. No offense, guys, but audiophiles are best-suited to judging audio gear and gamers are best-suited to judging gaming gear. I had just a glimpse of some of the things said here and cringed. For the record, Razer generally isn't durable with just a few exceptions (and neither is Steelseries); lightweight mice are generally the best choices for FPS games because they're easier to physically control, especially if you're a low-sens gamer; and most importantly, all laser mice have tracking issues. Go infrared optical, folks. Lower CPI ratings on average (Although not always, as the G502 proves.), but most of them have flawless 1:1 tracking and are thus more precise than laser-based alternatives.

I can see other mice working if you're just using them for their ergonomics or productivity features, or you happen to play MMOs and require a ton of macro buttons instead of absolute tracking precision, but if you're using these things for RTS or FPS gaming, or anything else that requires minute precision, opticals are really the only way. This is the general consensus of the gaming community. Laser mice have acceleration issues, some have Z-axis tracking, and they're pretty picky about what surfaces they work on. Yeah, true, they can track on glass, but often jitter to insane degrees on surfaces which aren't mostly flat, including a lot of cloth mousepads.

I tend to use this site to learn about audio gear, and I'm glad such a resource is available for the masses, but its specialization is audio. For mice, I recommend instead that you visit ESReality.com or Overclock.net. One of the best articles I've seen was on Geekhack, though. (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0) Geekhack, Overclock.net, and Deskthority are great places to learn about keyboards, especially mechanicals.

I'm an ESR guy and I facepalm when I read this thread 
deadhorse.gif

If you guys are still interested in the Ninox Aurora mouse, you can pre-order it here : http://ninox.org/shop.html
Mouse made by the community. I was part of the beta test team and it's a killer mouse.

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #548 of 616
I am a big Razer Naga fan. I dislike their keyboards and headphones (they feel gaudy to me) but the Naga is my go-to mouse. It highly increases productivity, as well as performance in all game-genres. I've owned the Molten, Epic, and 2014 versions.

The 2014 has mechanical thumb buttons which I greatly enjoy, and the Synapse 2.0 software is much better than the competition from Logitech imho. It offers full program-ability for buttons and can match different preset profiles to different programs. It is seamless for me.

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #549 of 616
I have been very patiently waiting for the Roccat XTD optical to actually hit retail. But said patience is running out - they announced it in January, it's been on sale in selected European locations for three months and still is completely MIA in N. America as far as I know. My Corsair M65's middle button retired itself last winter and I've been holding out till now. But I'm a few days away from giving up on them altogether.

:mad:

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #550 of 616
Anyone has a good mouse and mousepad to recommend?

I've tried Artisan mousepads when I was at Tokyo Game Show last month and feel that they are really good.
For mouse I think the current one that catches my eye is the Mionix Naos 7000.

I need a good one for mainly 3D modelling and the occasional game. :D

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #551 of 616

I've tried Artisan mousepads when I was at Tokyo Game Show last month and feel that they are really good.

I'm using a Logitech G400s (hyperglides mousefeet) and a Artisan Hien and couldn't be more happy to be honest. This combo is going to last a very long time. And just to say, I'm very picky with my mouse/mousepad combo since I've played at a high level on some competitive games.
If you want a more silky feel with your mousepad (the Hien has a much more rough feeling to the hand/wrist like a pair of jeans) you can look at the Artisan Zero.

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #552 of 616

Mionix Naos 8200 on a steel series qck mini

I used to have a razer mamba and razer lachesis but I felt that razer products didn't last as well as they should and their customer support was terrible, I never got the lachesis working properly.

I love the Naos, comfy, nice software, and it's holding up well.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #553 of 616

If you don't mind relatively low CPI at around 3200-4000, the Zowie FK1 and Ninox Aurora are viable options. The G400S is also nice if you like comfort. I actually compiled a whole list of optical mice to choose from, if you'd like, but I'd recommend sticking with recommended options from the Geekhack guide linked in the beginning of said list.

http://unitdccxxxi.deviantart.com/journal/Optical-Mice-List-Rev-1-0-475927418

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #554 of 616
I was looking for something to replace my basic logitec optical mouse (yes one of those $12 ones) it was 8 years old most of which was gaming

I didn't want something shaped for palming (Im a claw user), or a bunch of buttons ect ect. I for the Logitec G100s. Left click, right click, wheel, and DPS button. Its ambidextrous, Exact shape and size as the basic one it was replacing, all for $35. With a VERY high quality sensor. Purely amazing

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #555 of 616
My Corsair M65 came in last night and MAN IS IT SMOOTH! Coming from a Razer mouse, this thing is so comfortable, fast, precise and best of all, it is built like a TANK. It has the adjustable weights so you can change it from an M1 Abrams to a Lotus Exige by taking those weights out if you like a light mouse (I like it how it is). The sweat groove thingies are awesome, but I haven't really started using it heavily yet, so we'll see. They look sick too. And last of all, the software isn't **** like Razer's is. Such a relief there.

I picked up the non-RGB version, which was only $49. That is such a steal, I hope others pick this thing up too.

I've literally used it for one night and I hope that it will last me for years because I know others have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back