Mounting 8620 in Cute Beyond
Mar 2, 2006 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lionel marechal

500+ Head-Fier
I got a 8620 to try in my Cute Beyond, but , being a total beginner in this, I have no idea on how to mount it. Talk about being powerless !!!!

Should it be like in the picture with the 'squary' thing in the upper right corner ? Thank you very much in advance !

Lionel
8620.jpg

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 9
Sqare pad points at pin 1. Pin 1 on 2227 is the lower left pin - you can look on TI specs of the chip.

Sqare pad should point toward the closest cap, i.e. should be in the lower left corner of the socket (on the photo)

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 9
See the notch on the socket (when you remove the 2227)? The square pin should go in the direction of the notch -- I believe it will be on the lower right.

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
See the notch on the socket (when you remove the 2227)? The square pin should go in the direction of the notch -- I believe it will be on the lower right.

It can't be in the lower right, cuz the 8 pins won't fit into the opamp socket.

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 9
Sill working is not the point.

Is it working better now?

Mar 2, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #9 of 9
Soryy guys, for not having precise enough and answering in a joke way.

It is working perfectly well and like a charm. In term of sound it seems ... 'fast', 'snappy', more details in the upper range. A little bit too agressive for some recordings.
I had the feeling as well that some recording details like reverberation were more present.

Thank you for the input
580smile.gif

Happy camper here, I will switch back in a couple of days to the 2227 to compare the other way.

Lionel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back